Recipes: Low fat carrot and coriander soup
This is a recipe from the article UK Lunch Box ideas under £1.50. It is designed to be cooked the night before and then either heated up in the microwave at work or reheated before leaving the house and stored in a Thermos flask.
Whatever you choose to do, this is an extremely cheap lunch and low in fat and calories too. It is perfect if you're dieting or on a budget.
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 1 leek
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Fresh coriander
- Wash, peel and chop the vegetables and place in a saucepan.
- Cover with 600ml of stock and bring to the boil.
- Gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the vegetables to a creamy consistency. The potato will thicken it. If too much stock has boiled away the add some more to thin it out.
- Season with lots of black pepper and torn coriander.
More by this Author
This recipe is from the article UK Lunch Box Ideas Under £1.50. It's a quick and easy sandwich filling, great for using up any left over chicken you may have. The recipe assumes you have breast but you can also...
The following are toppings for thin, English and crêpe style pancakes so you won't find any bacon or Maple Syrup here. Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday and marks the last day before Lent begins....
The principles of double entry bookkeeping are not easy. It's simple to say that for every debit there is a credit and but when it comes to actually entering transactions into the accounts, it can become tricky to...