Recipes for Toasted Baked Pumpkin Seeds: Sweet, Spicy, and More
Get the following recipes here!
When you're finished with your pumpkins in the fall, taking out the seeds so that you can bake them in the oven or roast them in a pan is a great option. Pumpkin seeds are easy to cook and are delicious when they're toasted with sweet, salty, and/or spicy ingredients. There are numerous ways to customize recipes to suit your personal tastes and preferences. There are also a wide variety of options for incorporating them into other recipes. Happy cooking!
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Start with the basics.
If you've never made toasted pumpkin seeds before, you may want to keep your first couple recipes simple so that you can get the technique and timing perfected. Many people enjoy these simple recipes and don't ever go beyond them. It's up to you whether you want to experiment with additional flavors.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds. Elise roasts her seeds in the oven. Many people choose to toast them in a frying pan on the stove. Try both methods to see what suits your tastes.
Many pumpkin seed recipes are salty, spicy, or combination recipes, but there is nothing wrong with switching gears and going for a strictly sweet recipe.
Betty's Spiced Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Grab a pumpkin cookbook.
Are you like me and are a sucker for sweet and salty desserts and snacks? You can take this concept and apply it to pumpkin seeds.
- Caramelized. How can you go wrong here? The salt gives it just enough contrast with the sweet caramel flavor.
- Honey and spice. There is so much for your taste buds to absorb here with brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, black pepper, and salt.
There are so many granola recipes that have pumpkin seeds as an ingredient option. If you can't find a recipe here that you like, try adding them your favorite recipe.
- Hearty granola. This recipe is packed with fiber.
- Nut free pumpkin seed granola. Skip the nuts and go for dried fruit and sweet spices.
- Spicy pumpkin granola. This granola is packed with pumpkin flavor and a little spice.
- Autumn granola. This oil free recipe includes canned pumpkin as well as the pumpkin seeds.
- Fall snack mix. This isn't strictly a granola, but I had to include a trail mix type snack with pumpkin seeds that had chocolate in it.
If you enjoy peanut brittle and are looking for a new alternative, try it with pumpkin seeds.
- Pumpkin seed brittle. The blog author uses this recipe with many different kinds of squash seeds.
- Honeycomb brittle with pumpkin seeds and salted peanuts. This is one of the more involved recipes here, but it's well worth the effort. This is a great option if you're looking for a mixed nut recipe.
Cooking Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Instead of using pine nuts in pesto, you can use pumpkin seeds. This is a great way to switch up a classic recipe for the fall. Many traditional pesto recipes use basil or spinach, but most pumpkin seed pestos have different bases. You can experiment with either set of ingredients. Two great options for pesto are pasta and pizza.
Pumpkin seeds are a great topping for a wide variety of savory and sweet recipes. Here are just a few possibilities:
- Curried squash soup or pumpkin soup. A squash soup will get an extra kick of squash flavor with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Brussels sprouts and Dijon pasta salad. You can top many different fall salads with pumpkin seeds.
- Pumpkin bread. You can top numerous types of breads, muffins, and rolls with pumpkin seeds.
Pick your own pumpkin this year.
Great fall food and drink recipes.
- Easy Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipes
Hot chocolate is one of the best drinks to enjoy during the cooler months of the year. Consider making a classic mug of hot cocoa or experimenting with a frozen, white chocolate, or Mexican hot chocolate at home.
- How to Use Up Extra Tomatoes with Easy Homemade Tomato Pie Recipe
Make easy baked tomato pie with those extra tomatoes Cheese, Italian Seasoning, and optional ingredients make this a tasty pie in summer or winter.
- Homemade Roasted Nut Recipes: Looking for Something Different? Check This Out!
This hub is a compilation of different roasted nut recipes. They are perfect for special occasions and gift giving or any time that you want a homemade snack.
- Baked Oatmeal Recipe: Healthy Breakfast Casserole
This baked oatmeal recipe is a mouth-watering combination of oatmeal cookies and banana pudding . Sweetened naturally with bananas, coconut milk, pure honey, and berries will help to give you a healthy start to your day! .
More by this Author
Personalize your next party or other special occasion with cupcake toppers. This article gives you all of the information that you need to make them yourself.
Do you love making smoothies but don't want to use bananas in them? There are lots of easy healthy green smoothie recipes that produce delicious, creamy drinks without bananas!
This article is a collection of sample interview questions and answers for special education teachers. It also contains a number of tips and considerations for the interview.