Red Lentil Soup With Lemon Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Quart Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Red Lentils
- 1 Carrot, Peeled and Diced
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- A Pinch Chili Pepper, Ground
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro, Chopped
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat in a large pot until shimmering.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes or until golden.
- Add in tomato paste, cumin, salt, black pepper, and chili pepper, stirring regularly, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, 2 cups of water, lentils, and the carrot. Bring the pot to a simmer, then partially cover the pot and turn heat to medium low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Move roughly half the soup into a blender, and puree it.
- Add the pureed soup back into the pot. Reheat the soup if necessary.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cilantro, and serve hot.
More by this Author
Questionable Ethics is an amazing campaign that you can download for Left 4 Dead 2. Watch this walkthrough to see all the twists, turns, and traps that the QE has to throw at you.
Ypres was a brutal battle in the First World War that led to the deaths of thousands of allied soldiers that resulted in the capture of only a few miles of territory. Ypres was also the first modern battle in which...
The Second World War was the largest and most destructive war in modern history, claiming millions of lives and changing tens of millions forever. Can the blame for this conflict be placed on Hitler?
No comments yet.