Great Red Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
Having tasted the Red Thai Chicken Curry and the Thai Buffet I decided that I definitely need to learn how to cook it at home so that I may enjoy it. I had a Thai friend and asked him to teach me how to make it. So now this recipe is available for you.
- 1 can 14 ounce of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1,5 cups of zucchini cut in small squares pieces
- ½ cup of diced garlic
- 1 large onion well diced
- 1,5 teaspoon of red Thai curry paste
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts or thighs cut into small squares pieces
- 2 stalks of lemongrass sliced
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 can of bamboo shoots
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of ginger may be added
- Quarter of lime
- A bit of Whole Coriander, Grounded Black Pepper, Red Bell Peppers, Bay Leaves, Salt
- Pour the liquid part of the coconut milk in a large bowl, add some water and put on medium heat.
- Add chopped zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk curry paste, chopped garlic, and onion until the paste is mixed well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat skillet and cook chicken until brownish and add spices after you turn it first time.
- Add the cooked chicken in the bowl, bring to boil and put on low for 15 minutes. Add lemongrass, 3 Bay Leaves, Salt, Sugar, and 4 seeds of whole allspice.
- 5 minutes before the curry is ready add bamboo shoots (first get rid of the water in the can), the rest of coconut cream, squeeze some lime, add sugar and fish sauce. Test it and add salt, fish sauce, and lime on taste.
- Serve with boiled Jasmine rice.
Red Curry Pictures
Some people like adding canned pineapple. I do it sometimes too. If you opt to add it, do it almost at the end.
What kinds of curry have you tried?See results without voting
- Separate coconut milk from cream. To separate the coconut milk from the cream just turn the can from bottom on top and you’ll have the milk on top of the can. Do not open the can completely, leave some of the lid attached to the can and use it as filter to separate the milk from the cream when pouring to the bowl.
More by this Author
Different nations wear weeding wrings on different hands and fingers. what is the reason for this? This hub will help you find out some insights.
Find answers to some question about tungsten carbide wedding rings!!!! What are the advantages and myths about Tungsten Carbide Wedding Bands? PROS and CONS of having a Tungsten carbide wedding band?
No comments yet.