Restaurant Coconut Shrimp and Dipping Sauce
Here is the recipe for Restaurant quality Coconut Shrimp with dipping sauce. The recipe is so delicious that the crunchy shrimp just melts in your mouth. The dipping sauce gives it added flavor. If you have never had Coconut shrimp before than you must try this. Once you make it in your home it will be one of your favorites.
- 1 Cup, Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup, Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- 4 Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Cups, Flour
- 24 Large Shrimp, Peeled and deveined
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Dash Kosher Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup, Smuckers Orange Marmalade Jam
- 4 teaspoons, Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Take your deveined and peeled shrimp and Butterfly them. (You do this by slicing the back of the shrimp and spreading it like a butterfly). Set Aside
- In a bowl Combine your breadcrumbs, coconut, salt and pepper. Mix well
- In another Bowl place your flour in it and set aside
- In another bowl place your eggs that have been beaten.
- Dredge your shrimp in flour and shake.
- Then dredge your shrimp in the egg- shaking off excess.
- Dredge your shrimp in the coconut and breadcrumb mixture.
- Lay out your shrimp on a foil lined baking sheet so the edges dont touch until ready to fry.
- Heat up your oil. I use a fryer but you can use a medium size pan filled with vegetable oil. If you are not using a fryer- make sure your oil is cracking hot. You do this by splashing a drop of water in the oil and if it crackles the oil is ready.
- Fry your shrimp till golden brown. It should only take about a minute or so to cook the shrimp. They cook fast.
- Now Lets make our Dipping Sauce.
- In a bowl Place your orange marmalade, Rice Vinegar and red pepper. Stir well. Its ready.
How to Butterfly a Shrimp
How to Fry Shrimp
More by this Author
iPF Changs chna bistro is a delicious restaurant to eat at and is nationwide. I have eaten their so many times, and absolutely love the food..I came across this recipe for the PF Changs honey shrimp recipe, and have...
Shrimp and lobster baked with creamy mozzarella, smoked Gouda and sun-dried tomatoes. Served with warm tortilla chips. This recipe is so delicious and easy to make. It makes about 3x the amount you would get at...
This is the original recipe for the Olive Gardens Lasagna Fritta.It is so delicious! It is Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. You cant...