Restaurant Red Wine Braised Short Ribs Recipe
Let me just say that these ribs are so tender that they fall off the bone. English style short ribs have a rich taste already, but when you cook them in a Red Wine Cabernet it enhances the flavor. Be prepared to completely stuff yourself when you serve these, because one serving is not enough. The juices that are left over from cooking all day are thickened to a gravy consistency. The gravy is a red wine Cabernet gravy, and if it was just served by itself it has so much flavor. Enjoy your Restaurant Red Wine Braised Short Ribs Recipe
- 5lb Bone in Beef English Short Ribs, Cut Crosswise into 2" pieces
- sprinkle salt/ pepper
- 3 Medium Carrots, Chopped
- 3 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon, Tomato Paste
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Bottle (750-ml) Dry Cabernet Sauvigon, Wine
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Head of garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
- cornstarch about 1/4 cup
- Go to the butcher shop- and have them cut your short ribs- crosswise into 2 inch pieces.
- In a medium size stockpot on medium heat- heat your olive oil. Season your ribs with salt and pepper- and rub in.
- Working in 2 batches- once your oil is hot- start to brown your meat on all sides. This seals in the juices. about 8 minutes per batch. Place on a paper towel when done per batch. keep the pan juices and don't discard
- Add your chopped onions and carrots and celery to the pan that you cooked your meat in. You want those juices added to your vegetables. Cook your vegetables on medium heat till onions are browned.
- Add your flour to the onions/carrots to make a roux. Add your tomato paste. Stir well. Cook for about 1/2 minute while stirring. Now add your wine to the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low and cook the wine down for about 25 minutes.
- Add all of your herbs to the onion carrot pot along with the minced garlic. Stir in stock and bring to a boil.
- Preheat your oven to 280.
- Get out a large pan. (One similar to cooking a turkey in). Pour your cooked mixture in this pan- take out about 2 cups of the juice and discard. You don't need all of that juice. Now add your browned ribs to this pan. Lay a big piece of foil over your pan to seal in the heat.
- Cook your meat and vegetable mixture for about 4 hours.
- Take out your pan when done after 4 hours, and place your short ribs on a big plate along with the carrots, and onions etc. Pour your juices into a medium stockpot that your cooked meat was in and start to boil this on the stove.
- Get out a cup and add your cornstarch along with a little water so that it is a thick yet thin consistency. Stir well. When your juice mixture is boiling- slowly stir in the cornstarch mixture and continue to stir till thickened. This is your gravy.
- Pour a little gravy over your short ribs and serve. I like mine with homemade mashed potatoes. Enjoy
Best Butcher Knife
Make your Restaurant Red Wine Braised Short Ribs Recipe and let it cook for 4 hour in the oven. They cook themselves, so you have time for other things. I guarantee once u make these- it will be a staple in your home like ours. If you was to order these in a restaurant it would be about 18.00 a plate- so enjoy.
How to cut short ribs- and where do they come from?
More by this Author
A very good friend of mine absolutely loves these Fried Mac and Cheese Balls from the Cheesecake factory. I thought I would get this recipe to pass on to her and make them one night for dinner for my family. These are...
If you have ever been to Olive Garden than you will know that the Braised Beef and Tortellini is absolutely Divine. Now you can make it at home instead of paying an expensive restaurant. I guarantee you wont have any...
This is the original recipe for the Olive Gardens Lasagna Fritta.It is so delicious! It is Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. You cant...