Lasagna Recipe - Roasted Asparagus
Grandma’s Roasted Asparagus Lasagna
This is a tasty lasanga recipe from my grandma's wonderful collection. It is easy to prepare. While it isn't a traditional lasagna, everyone you serve it to will love this creamy version.
I've tried to find healthier alternatives to this recipe, like using non-fat milk or replacing olive oil cooking spray instead of actual oil. The lasagna doesn't take long to prepare, and the roasted asparagus adds a great flavor.
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- cooking spray
- 2 tbs. butter
- 3 tbs. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Nutmeg, dash
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 9 lasagna noodles, cook and drain (or use ready to bake noodles)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ c. grated Parmesan
- Place asparagus and mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan. Lightly coat with some cooking/baking spray. Bake at 450˚ for 8-10 minutes, or until browned. Set vegetables aside. Reduce oven heat to 350˚.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. (Make sure you stir constantly to avoid lumps.)
- Bring milk mixture to a boil, cook and stir for another two minutes, or until thickened. Set milk mixture aside.
- Saute onion and garlic until tender. Remove from heat and add the asparagus and mushrooms.
- In a greased 13x9 baking dish, layer 3 noodles, 1/3 of vegetable mixture, 1/3 of white sauce, ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ c. Parmesan.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand for fifteen minutes before serving.
More by this Author
An easy guide to cook pumpkin puree at home. Once you go fresh, you'll never go back.
Getting together with friends and family is a lot of fun and creates plenty of wonderful memories. But, life is so busy these days that it is difficult to find the time to create the perfect party. How do you throw a...
A beginner's guide to knitting a scarf. This step-by-step guide teaches you how to knit a homemade scarf with directions for knit and purl stitches, two easy scarf patterns, knitting terminology glossary, and valuable...
What do you think?
No comments yet.