Roasted Cajun Chicken
I recently mixed together my own Cajun Spice, and what better way to use it than on some Cajun Chicken. This is such a simple recipe, I love the minimal ingredients and the opportunity to make it as hot or spicy as you want.
This Cajun Chicken is covered with Olive Oil, then the Cajun Rub, I love things spicy and so added some extra chilli peppers in there too. The chicken was then refrigerated for a couple of hours to let the marinade really get to all parts. Finally I decided to roast it rather than fry, I always make a big mess when I fry things and I think the roasting really brings out the cajun spices, I also tend to think it a little bit healthier (ok Im probably clutching at straws here!). I must admit I ate these pretty much on their own and just with a bit of salad to make me feel a bit virtuous!
- 2 Drumsticks and 1 Thigh Chicken, this is per person, increase or decrease accordingly
- Olive Oil, to cover Chicken
- Cajun Spice, homemade or shop bought, enough to rub all over chicken
- 1 Red Chilli Pepper, optional
- Put chicken in oven proof dish
- Rub in Olive Oil to Chicken, run in Cajun Spice, add in Chilli Pepper for extra spice (Optional)
- Put in fridge for a couple of hours or longer (overnight is even better)
- Heat oven to 220c. Roast Chicken for 25 minutes plus (until there are no pink parts in chicken)
- Serve and enjoy!