Roasted lemongrass chicken with sweet lime sauce recipe
Lemongrass is healthy and it goes well with chicken. Together with lime sauce it makes a delicious, nutritious and easy recipe.
- 0.5 chicken
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, grated or thinly sliced
- 0.5 can coconut milk, thick
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 lime leaves
- lime wedges
- fresh coriander
- FOR THE SAUCE .
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice venegar
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger, minced or grated
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 heaping tsp, dissolved in three tbsp water arrowroot or cornstarch powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Place lemongrass, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime leaf, and coconut milk in a food processor. Make a fine paste.
- Place the chicken in your roasting pan, and pour the marinade over top.
- Leave in the refrigerator for up to three hours.
- Cover and roast the chicken at 180 degree for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is roasting, make the side sauce.
- In a sauce pan, add all sauce ingredients except arrowroot powder (or cornstarch powder).
- Bring to boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Take taste test for sweetness and saltiness, add more honey if not sweet enough, or more fish sauce (instead of salt) as desired.
- If you prefer a spicy sauce, add some fresh chilli or chilli sauce.
- Add the arrowroot or cornstarch powder (dissolved in water)
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve the roasted chicken on a platter, either whole or chopped into pieces.
- Drizzle some of the sauce overtops, then pour the rest around the outside of chicken, or serve it on the side.
- Garnish with lime slices or wedges, and fresh coriander. Serve hot.
More by this Author
Sharks don't usually attack humans. We are not their natural prey. We get attacked because we resemble some of their prey and the shark makes a mistake in murky waters. For example we look a lot like a seal swimming in...
These are the world's most dangerous, deadly snakes for humans: Find out about the habits of each snake, where they live, and how to avoid them.
Any of these animals can be the number 1 toxic on earth as it's very hard to judge them. They all contain different toxic chemicals which can kill a human in minutes. So i have rated them based on how much dangerous...
No comments yet.