Recipe: Rosa's Banana Bread
Rate This Recipe
Before You Start
Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Pre-heat oven 350 F
- Total bake time 45 minutes to one hour
- You will need a 9x5 pan (greased)
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup bananas, mashed (~ 4 medium)
½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
You will know it is done when you can poke a toothpick into it and it comes out clean.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and shortening until smooth
- Add eggs into sugar/shortening mixture
- Add flour mixture
- Add bananas and walnuts (if using)
- Pour into pan and bake
- Remove from oven and cool
- Slice and enjoy!
© 2012 I Am Rosa
More by this Author
Quick and easy to make, this decadent Hawaiian Dreams recipe is a must-have for dessert lovers.
In Spring of 2012, Wendy's restaurant introduced poutine to its menu. Is it worth the hype? This review will help you decide.
Cocoa butter is highly recommended for the care and healing of skin. This article explains how to use cocoa butter for skin care and gives information about benefits, storage, cost, and the author's product testing.