Ruben Cassarole Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a Corned Beef and Sauerkraut combination that is particularly good on a cool fall evening. The tanginess of the Kraut with a well spiced corned beef is a belly warmer of the first degree. This one Comes from “The Cupboard Drawer” and is a personal favorite of mine. Do Enjoy…
2 Lbs (4 Cups) Sauerkraut
1 tsp Caraway seed
12 oz Corned Beef cut into slices (you can use canned but I like left over and cut it into squared slices)
1/3 Cup Thousand Island dressing
1 pkg (6-8 slices) Swiss Cheese
2 slices Rye Bread Toasted and cubed
2 tbsp parsley, Chopped if desired
Pre heat oven to 350
- Spread Sauerkraut in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle Caraway seeds on top.
- Arrange Corned Beef slices on the Sauerkraut and spoon on the Thousand Island dressing.
- Layer edge to edge with Swiss Cheese Slices. Top with Rye Bread cubes.
- Bake in 350 Degree oven for 20 minutes or until hot through and through, garnish with Parsley if desired,
- Let Stand 5-10 mins and Serve.
Yield 4-6 Servings
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...