Indian Recipe | Curry With Fish Ball
Bengali Name : Rui Macger Kopta
This is a mouth- water recipe from the Bengali Kitchen. If you try it once you will never forget its taste! So don’t hesitate, try it now.
Ingredients Serve for 2 –4
- Fish fillet of Rui (Also called Rohu in some parts of India) 4 pcs
- Onion chopped 2 no
- Potato boiled and mashed 2 no
- Ginger grated 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 2 tsp
- Potato medium size diced 2 no
- Gram flour (Besan) 1tsp
- Cumin seed 1 tsp
- Bay leaf 2 no
- Red chili 1 no
- Green chili (chopped) 2 no
- Curry powder 2 tsp
- Cashew nut 5 pcs
- Charmagaz (melon seeds) 2 tsp
- Yogurt 2tsp
- Mustard oil 2 tbsp
- Mustard oil for frying as required
- Clarified butter (Ghee) 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak the cashew nuts and charmagaz for 15 minutes and grind it to make a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Add curry powder to it and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Wash, shallow fry and de-bone the fish fillets.
- Add onion, ginger, red chili powder, garam masala powder (half), Gram flour, salt and mashed potato. Mix well and make the kofta (Ball).
- Deep fry the koftas in mustard oil and keep aside.
- Take 2 tbsp of mustard oil in a pan.
- Heat till smoke starts coming out.
- Add cumin seed, red chili and bay leaf.
- Add the diced potatoes.
- Add ginger and curry powder, and green chili. Sauté for 1 minute. Add a little water and cook till the potatoes are done.
- Add cashew nut- charmagaz paste and yogurt. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Add salt and test the seasoning.
- Add the fried koftas.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add garam masala (Remaining) and clarified butter.
- Serve hot with rice or pratha.
If you are new to the Indian cuisine please read how to make the “Garam masala” and "curry powder" http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Your-Own-Spices-For-Your-Indian-Cuisine
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...