Rum Coconut Pie
- 4 cups flake coconut
- 1/3 cup butter or margaine, melted
- 2 small packages vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup amber rum
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 /1/2 cups cool whip, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups milk
1954 Jello Pudding Ad
- Combine 2 2/3 cups of the coconut with melted butter. Press evenly into an ungreased 9 inch pie pan to form a crust. Bake in 300 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Combine pudding mix ,milk, rum and nutmeg in bowl. Beat on low for one minute. Fold in Cool Whip and 2/3 cup of the coconut. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup coconut over the pudding mix in the pie pan. Chill for 2 hours.
- If you don’t like rum, just add an extra ½ milk, you could also substitute coconut cream pudding mix for the vanilla.
More by this Author
Links to dozens of free cross stitch patterns, many based on vintage advertising images, especially fruit crate label designs.
No comments yet.