Sandwich Recipes - Philly Cheese Sandwich for a Crowd
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
2 8-Inch round cake pans, 10-by-15-inch cookie sheet, 9-by-13-inch cake pan, 12-cup muffin pan, and 4-1/2-by-8-1/2-by-2-1/2-inch medium loaf pan. Made from heavy-gauge carbon steel for even heating with no hot spots
Philly Beef-Stuffed Sandwich
This Philly Cheese Steak recipe is easy but it looks like you took a bit of prepare time. It is delicious and great to serve to a small group without any mess. It seems every time I've served it that there's not a bite left and they all enjoy this sandwich.
1 c. bell pepper, chopped (can use
1/2. each green & red bell pepper)
3/4 c. onion, chopped
1 T. vegetable oil or Olive oil
2 cloves garlic (purchased chopped garlic in oil equivalent to 2 cloves)
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves divided in half
2 pkgs.(10 oz.) refrigerator pizza crust
8 oz. thinly sliced deli roast beef (approximately 10 slices)
8 oz. sliced mild Cheddar or American Cheese (we used grated Cheddar)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 T. water
Preheat oven 400°
Chop bell pepper and onion. In 10” frying pan heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic, bell pepper, onion and ½ t. oregano leaves. Cook, stirring frequently 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
Unroll 1 pizza crust onto lightly floured surface. Lightly roll out crust to 12”x 9” rectangle being careful not to roll too thin or tear hole in dough. Cover with half the beef (5 slices), cheese ( 4-5 slices down middle) and vegetable mixture to within ½” of edges of dough. Starting at longest side of rectangle, roll dough jellyroll fashion pressing seam together to seal. Repeat with remaining crust & filling ingredients. Place rolls, seam sides down, on baking stone. Join ends of rolls together to form 1 large ring, press ends together to seal. In small bowl combine egg white and water and brush on dough. Sprinkle with remaining ½ t. oregano.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into 2 inch wedges.
Yield: Approximately 12 servings, 3 wedges per serving.
I imagine your family and friends will also be happy with this Philly cheese steak recipe.
A man seldom thinks with more earnestness of anything than he does of his dinner.
Philly Cheese Wrap for Smaller Crowd
This is a smaller version of the above recipe using large Crescent Rolls with exactly 1/2 of the other ingredients. They are delicious and easy to make. I actually discovered this recipe accidentally when I bought crescent rolls instead of pizza crust, but we liked them very well and they were so easy to make.
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped ( can substitute red or yellow pepper)
- 1/3+ a little more chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1can of refrigerated crescent rolls ( 6 rolls)
- 4 oz. thinly sliced deli roast beef (about 6 slices)
- 4 oz American or Cheddar cheese sliced or you can use grated
Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Chop onions and pepper into small pieces and mince garlic.
- Add olive oil to small frying pan and cook onion-pepper ingredient until crisp tender, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes. Add oregano.
- Unroll crescent into the six triangles.
- Place roast beef on dough first, cutting it to fit triangle and it can overlap as necessary.
- Place cheese slice on roast beef the same way.
- Sprinkle the onion-pepper mixture along the length of the roll.
- Start at the larger end and begin to roll the wrap until completed.
- You can sprinkle a little oregano on top for a more attractive look.
Yield: 6 servings or at my house 4 servings.
A good meal ought to begin with hunger.
This is a tasty little summer salad addition for sandwiches or regular meals.
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, green pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper.
- Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve with slotted spoon.
Yield: 4 servings
Comments 35 comments
Some of my Other Recipes
- Delicious Cakes -Apple, Lemon Pound, Pecan Praline
A moist delicious Pecan Cake This morning was rainy and cold, so I decided to bake my husband his favorite pecan cake. This is so simple to make and always turns out perfect. 1 box butter pecan cake mix ...
- Easy Dessert Recipes for Summertime
I am not claiming that these desserts are low calorie, however, they are delicious and great for company. It seems like most everyone like ice cream in hot weather, hence the first two recipes. Remember,...
- Easy to Cook a Good Cold Weather Meal
Chicken Pot Pie CHICKEN POT PIE 4 chicken breast (boned) or whole chicken 2 cans Crescent rolls 2 cans cream of celery soup 1 1/2 cup of...
More by this Author
This article has 2 excellent recipes for Sunday dinner using pork loin. The first is cooked on the rotisserie. The second recipe is Cho shao, a Cantonese recipe for roast pork.
This is a wonderful meal with the perfect recipe for cooking prime rib with the best seasonings. There is also a recipe for garlic mashed red potatoes.
Tibetan Monks developed Acupressure at least 5000 thousand of years ago. This is the most popular method for treating pain and pressure in the world. Acupressure points are shown and methods explained.