Savory Pan Roasted Potatoes
Roasted potato recipe
Delicious and Healthy Potatoes
This is a quick easy and delicious potato recipe for all occasions.When you crave potatoes but are tired of the same old baked, fried or mashed potatoes this is a must try version. I started making this recipe as an alternative to french fries since my kids absolutely loved french fries. Throughout the years I have changed the version several times adding a variety of condiments and ingredients. However, I always wanted to stay true to a basic roast potato recipe. This roast potato recipe can also be done ahead and frozen.
- 8 Large Potatoes
- 1 Large onion
- 1/4 cup dried vegetable bits
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Savory Baked Potatoes
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel wash and slice potatoes into wedges. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then in half across then down the middle to get the triangular shaped wedges.
- Using a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray and place prepared potatoes, onions and vegetable bits in the pan.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, the seasoning and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the seasoning oil mix over the potatoes and using your hands, blend the mix and pototes until well coated.
- Cover the dish securely with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 mins then remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven, let cool and serve
Tips for slicing Potatoes
Substitutions and variations for savory pan roasted potatoes
You can experiment with the savory pan roasted potatoes for a different flavor each time you make it.
Substitute Chili spice for the Italian seasoning. In place of the vegetable bits try chopped mushrooms or spinach. Add curry to the oil mix for an exotic flavor. You can also try diced potatoes in place of potato wedges. The possibilities are endless.
More by this Author
As a plus sized woman, you need to highlight your assets rather than hide them
The birthday has its origins in ancient times and throughout the ages and many beliefs and traditions have been associated with the birthday cake. Is it necessary to have cake on your birthday? It is not necessary, but...
Drinking rum is not only a wonderful treat but it is also good for you. The benefits of rum include lowering blood pressure and relieving stress.