Scrambled Eggs Deluxe Recipe
Scrambled Eggs Deluxe Good For People Who Don't Like Eggs
Do you or someone you know find eggs a bit bland and boring? Growing up, I never cared for eggs, either, but learning to experiment with eggs, and add things to the eggs, was surprised to find out that I actually did like eggs! I just happen to like mine with a bit of a kick! So, if you are not a real egg lover, try this recipe just once, and see if it might turn you into an egg lover, too!
The following recipe is great for giving your eggs more crunch, more flavour, and most importantly, more nutrients!
These aren't your boring eggs!
The Cooking Process.
- 10 Eggs
- 3 Large Mushrooms
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1/3 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Green Bell Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 ounces Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 Tbsp Margarine
- Mince up celery, onions and bell peppers.
- Discard stems of mushrooms and chop into small pieces.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Add margarine and heat until melted. Spread over pan.
- Add onions and celery. For for approximately eight minutes, or until onions are well done.
- Add mushrooms and peppers after five minutes of cooking onions and celery. Cook with other vegetables until all are well-cooked.
- Add eggs and cook for approximately two more minutes. Mix egg and vegetables together frequently, making sure it doesn't clump too much.
- Add milk slowly, stirring eggs while adding.
- Cook to cook on medium heat for approximately three more minutes.
- When cooked, turn heat off. Grate cheese unto the eggs. Let stand for five minutes.
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||189|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 21 g||32%|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Yields: Serves five people approximately one cup each.
I will warn you that this recipe is high in fat. The eggs, combined with cheese, make for a large percentage of the calories coming from fat. I made this with 1% milk and regular cheddar cheese. Here are some suggestions for varying the recipe, including a way to cut down on fat and calories. Enjoy!
- Add very small pieces of cauliflower to the mix, cooking with the onions and celery.
- Add small chunks of ham or bacon. Cook meat first before adding to the mixture.
- Change the cheese to low-fat cheese and decrease the cheese. To really save fat calories, omit the cheese altogether.
Serve it with toast and turkey bacon
Rate This Recipe
More by this Author
The best blueberry smoothie to drink for weight loss, made from a combination of powerhouse ingredients.
Original recipe for a blueberry flax spread, on toast with sliced bananas. Full of super-nutrients and a great energy booster.
This article give ten mistakes that people make when dealing with a workplace bully, based on the author's own experiences. She shares the mistakes she made, with the hope of helping others not to do the same.