Sea buckthorn recipe for immunity boosting
Sea Buckthorn: an immunity boosting berry
Sea Buckthorn berries are one of nature's gift to us for when we aren't in such good health or when we need an immunity boosting food.
The small and orange-golden berries have the highest amount of vitamin C among all known fruits, ten times more than citrus fruits. Besides the vitamin C that makes these berries a great antioxidant, they contain high proportions of vitamin A and B, E, P, K, F complex and minerals like Phosphorus, Magnesium, Calcium, iron, essential amino acids and Beta Carotene.
It's not only the juice inside or the oil that can be extracted thanks to the amount of essential fatty acids contained that make it a immunity boosting food but the peel and tiny seeds as well.
You can eat it as it is fresh and natural to get all the benefits, IF YOU CAN.
The Sea Buckthorn berries are extremely sour, the lemon is just a sweet candy compared to them.
So, here is an old recipe for conserving sea buckthorns and making it eatable as well: Sea Buckthorn and Honey.
- 4 oz sea buckthorn berries
- 8 oz honey
How to prepare the sea buckthorn recipe with honey
- Wash the sea buckthorn berries and clear the small leaves and stems.
- Leave the sea buckthorn berries to dry out from the previous step, an hour or so on a flat surface.
- Take a medium size jar, clean and dry, add the sea buckthorn berries, pour over the honey and close the lid.
- Place the jar in the fridge for 10 days.
- You can then open the jar and take a teaspoon of this wonder every morning to help boosting your immune system.
More by this Author
The cabbage rolls are meat stuffed cabbage leaves with added rice, tomato juice and some seasonings.When holidays are near, in some east European countries like Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, all grandmothers and...
A simple recipe for whole wheat bread, homemade, easy to use as it is from the series "Step by step recipes with pictures". Baking whole wheat bread at home made easy, for anyone!
According to the laws of love, you have no right to turn the mirror to another person. Each person should use the mirror as he or she wants and when he or she wants, but only for him or her and never for others. We...