Seafood Recipes: Flounder in Teriyaki Sauce
When it's time for lunch or dinner and you are tired of eating chicken, pork, or other meat, why not have some fish fillets instead. If prepared right they will be a mouthwatering treat that you will surely love, either by itself or with a side dish.
There are many fish fillets to choose from. One that I love the most is flounder fillets. I buy them fresh and prepare them in Teriyaki sauce. They are soft, melt in my mouth when I eat them, and take little time to make.
It is a real treat for me to both cook and eat the flounder. And I don't have to go to a high-end restaurant to enjoy this delicious meal. Sometimes I eat the fish by itself and sometimes I pair it with one of my favorite side dishes. Either way I always enjoy my flounder...and look forward to making it again... Below you will find my recipe - Flounder in Teriyaki Sauce. I hope you enjoy making it and eating it too.
- Flounder Fillets
- A few tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- Bunch Leek
- Sea Salt
- Canola oil or other cooking oil
- Dried basil
If you don't have flounder fillets you can use other fillets as well, preparing them in the same way. They will come out tasting delicious and will melt in your mouth with every bite. Keep in mind that you may need to cook them for a slightly longer time than the flounder ones, especially if it's salmon fillets...
- Take the flounder fillets out of the packaging, rinse under running water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Then place on a cutting board and add sea salt to both sides but not too much of it. Pour Teriyaki sauce into a little bowl and with a basting brush baste both sides of the fish fillets and leave for a few minutes.
- Heat a skillet with canola oil on medium heat. Once the skillet is heated place the flounder fillets and cook them for three minutes on each side, adding oil if needed. When the fish is done remove it onto a large platter.
- Take a bunch of leek and cut it into circles. Then using a colander thoroughly wash it under running water, making sure that all the dirt, sand etc. is gone. Add canola oil to the skillet and place the sliced leek inside. Fry it for about eight minutes, turning it over with a spatula and adding oil if needed.
- When the leek is done cooking place it on top of the flounder fillets and sprinkle with dried basil. You can use dried parsley (or other herbs) instead if you prefer.
Below are the pictures from the recipe Flounder in Teriyaki Sauce...
How to Make Bulgur (Turkish Grain) with Portobello Mushrooms
- Main Dish Recipe: Bulgur (Turkish Grain) with Portobello Mushrooms
Bulgur is a Turkish grain that's widely used in European and Middle Eastern Cuisine. Here you will find a Bulgur recipe - Bulgur (Turkish grain) with Portobello Mushrooms. Enjoy! Happy Cooking!
How to Enjoy Flounder in Teriyaki Sauce...
There many ways to enjoy Flounder in Teriyaki Sauce. You can of course eat it by itself, but you can also add a side dish to go along with the fish. You have a number of choices here. There's potatoes (prepared any which way). There's rice, quinoa, or a pasta of your choice. All these will go great with the fish. But another side dish that complements the flounder is Bulgur (Turkish grain) with Portobello mushrooms. The flounder along with the Bulgur and Portobello mushrooms will satisfy your taste buds and make you feel like you are in a high-end restaurant. But you are actually in the comfort of your own home not spending a fortune to enjoy a high-class meal.
I prepared these two dishes the other day and ate them together. They were mouthwatering and tasted so much better than a meal someone at work was eating that was ordered from a restaurant. Goes to show that sometimes making a meal yourself will taste and look much better, not to mention that it will save you money as well. All you need is the desire and time to cook instead of settling for takeout.
© 2012 Lena Kovadlo
More by this Author
Fried seaweed stems make for a very tasty dish that you won't get enough of. They are also healthy for you as seaweed is rich in iodine, which is a necessary nutrient to have in your diet.
Mussels and tri-color farfalle in creamy white sauce makes for a great tasting entree that everyone is sure to love. It is easy to prepare and takes little time to make.
Here is a list of useful Microsoft Word shortcuts that will save you valuable time and are easy to use. Save this list for future reference. It will come in handy.