Seaweed Stem Salad Recipe
Seaweed is rich in iodine, which is a necessary nutrient. It is used in Asian cuisine, in countries such as Japan.
If you ever go to a Japanese restaurant what you will find in the appetizer section of their menu is seaweed salad.
I love eating seaweed salad. It is delicious and something different. I usually eat it with chopsticks. It is more fun and makes picking up the seaweed strands easier.
You don't have to go to a Japanese restaurant to enjoy some seaweed salad. You can make it at home. You only need a few ingredients, one of which is salted seaweed stem. If you can't find it at your local supermarket you can definitely find it online.
Below you will find a seaweed salad recipe. It is easy to make and tastes great. Don't hesitate to give it a try.
- salted seaweed stem
- roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Remove the salted seaweed stem from the packaging, place into a colander and wash off the salt under running water. Then place the seaweed into a bowl, fill with water and soak for about ten minutes. When ten minutes are up pour out the water from bowl, add fresh water into the bowl and soak again. When you feel that the seaweed is no longer very salty you are now ready to make the salad. Before making the salad though drain the seaweed in a colander and rinse. If you feel that the seaweed is still very salty keep soaking it in water. Be sure to change the water in the bowl with fresh water if you choose to do so.
- Remove the seaweed onto a cutting board. Separate the strands and cut each strand into about 2-inch length. Place into a salad bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of sesame oil and one tablespoon of rice vinegar salad dressing to the seaweed. Then sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds and stir.
- You are now ready to enjoy the seaweed salad.
If you love seaweed you will love fried seaweed stems...
- Fried Seaweed Stems
Fried seaweed stems are a very taste dish that you won't get enough of it. It is also very healthy for you as seaweed is rich in iodine, which is a necessary nutrient to have in your diet.
© 2012 Lena Kovadlo
More by this Author
A radish is a nutritious root vegetable that can be eaten raw, be marinated, be used in salads or in soups, or used as a sandwich topping. Here are some radish salad recipes that use the red radish.
Shrimp salad is a quick and easy recipe that makes for a great appetizer but can be enjoyed as a side dish as well. It takes less than twenty minutes to make and is very delicious.
Here is a list of useful Microsoft Word shortcuts that will save you valuable time and are easy to use. Save this list for future reference. It will come in handy.