Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
The tastiest Garlic and yogurt marinated shrimp alfredo Recipe
SO you're looking for an easy recipe with shrimp and the ever popular creamy alfredo taste, then give this easy recipe a try.
Below are the ingredients and what you will need to cook up the alfredo recipe and the guide to the shrimp section of the dish.
Bear in mind that this is just my spin on the shrimp preparation and you can really experiment to your hearts content once you have your alfredo base. So don't be afraid to switch it up a bit every time you make this shrimp alfredo pasta recipe.
A shrimp alfredo recipe with a difference
What will I need to make my Shrimp Alfredo
You will need
A large frying pan or skillet
A large pot for the pasta
An oven is optional
A sealable sandwich bag for the shrimps.
What ingredients will I need for the Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
Shrimps are top of the list of course. Assume 500 grams for every two people you are cooking for.
A basic packet sauce of Alfredo will do from any manufacturer for the sauce base.
30 grams of margarine or butter
125 ml of milk
375 ml of water
15 ml of chopped chives or dried parsley.
half a garlic clove - finely chopped is best
two table spoons of lemon juice.
a bottle of yogurt and herb salad dressing.
Lets make Shrimp Alfredo now
- We are going to start with the shrimp preparation first. This is usually best done in advance for added flavour, but any time will do. I usually do it the day before.
- In your sandwich bag, place the shrimps, the yogurt and herb salad dressing and the two table spoons of lemon juice. Seal the bag and give it a shake to coat all the shrimp. Now place the bag in the refridgerator to absorb the mixture for a few hours.
- The pasta should now be cooked according to the instructions on the packet and the alfredo packet sauce prepped and ready to add to the pasta when the pasta is cooked to your liking.
- In the skillet or frying pan, place the margarine and parsley or herbs of your choice and add the finely chopped garlic. Once the margarine starts to melt, add the shrimps without the mixture from the bag. Cook the shrimp in the pan until ready, test one to see that it is to your liking. About 10 - 15 minutes should be okay. Add a table spoon of the bag mixture to moisten the shrimp if the pan dries out quickly and reduce the heat a little.
- The oven option means grilling the shrimps on a piece of grease paper turning the shrimp halfway through to ensure even cooking. This option would be best to add the garlic to the bag mixture and then use a brush to paint the shrimp with the mixture as a basting to maintain moisture.
- The shrimps can now be added to your pasta and alfredo sauce to complete the dish.
This alfredo recipe can be used with bacon, parma ham, chicken or any other seafood that you wish to experiment with.
Let me know how it goes and enjoy. Please dont forget to rate his recipe and check out the other recipes available.
Other Dinner Recipes for two
- DINNER RECIPES FOR TWO
Here are some more Dinner Recipes for two or more persons and a whole lot of free recipe downloads.
More by this Author
Heres a list of 150 things to do when youre bored. Add something new to the list if your bored or its raing and your bored out of your mind.
Of all the personal watercraft on the market, Sea-Doo and Yamaha products are the best. Read more to find out why, and which models I recommend for your needs.
How to get started building a VW Beetle with a beefy v8 engine. My experience and tips to get you going.
No comments yet.