Shrimp Pasta Spinach
Shrimp Pasta Spinach Recipe
A Recipe for Shrimp Pasta Spinach Delight
Ah, shrimp and pasta. I love this combination; it never fails to result in
a delicious meal. This dish is made even better with spinach to give it
that great earthy taste. This shrimp pasta spinach recipe will teach
you how to make this dish, complete with ingredients and instructions.
Shrimp Pasta Spinach Delight Ingredients
This shrimp pasta spinach recipe uses many ingredients that you may
already have in your kitchen. The ones that you are missing can be
found in your local supermarket. Feel free to make substitutions as
you see fit. If you do not like an item, just find something you think is
similar and replace it. For example, if you want this dish to be a bit
sweeter than usual, replace the lemon juice with lime juice. Also,
if you do not want the red pepper flakes, you can leave them out – they
are not required. And as always, you can substitute nonalcoholic white
wine for the white wine in the recipe.
- 12 oz Penne pasta
- 2 1/4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine, dry, not sweet
- 1 lb. uncooked, peeled shrimp
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large plum tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 tbsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
Shrimp pasta spinach
Shrimp Pasta Spinach Delight Preparation
- Put on a pot of heavily salted water and bring it to a boil.
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet. Place the shrimp in the pan. Add the garlic and sauté both for around 2 minutes.
- Add the grated lemon peel, basil, lemon lemon juice, and tomatoes to the mixture and cook stirring occasionally it until the shrimp are completely cooked. You will know they are ready when they turn opaque.
- At this time, lower the heat, add the white wine. Allow the dish to simmer until you reduce the sauce.
- When you have a nice rolling boil, place your pasta in and cook until it is 'al dente', or tender yet firm. It should take 9 to 10 minutes.
- Take a ladle full of the liquid in the pot and place it in a bowl for later. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the spinach leaves to the pasta and toss the two together in the pot until the spinach is soft and wilted.
- Add the shrimp mixture and toss the entire dish together. If the noodles are sticking, pour in enough of the pasta liquid you kept from earlier to give it a little bit of moisture.
- Add the red pepper flakes if you wish, salt and pepper to taste, and top it off with some grated Parmesan cheese.
Read My Other Hubs
More by this Author
What To Serve With Lobster What to serve with lobster and how to serve a lobster In order to have the perfect lobster meal. What to serve with warm or cold Lobster,3 Methods
Peeling vegetables can definitely take the fun out of cooking, especially if it takes a very long time to do so. That’s why there exist numerous and varying designs of vegetable peelers in the market...
Love camping? Love Disney? Get the best of both worlds at Disney's Fort Wilderness. Check out this review of this popular vacation destination for outdoorsy families.