Shrimp Pasta Tomato Sauce
Shrimp Pasta Tomato
Do you love shrimp? If you are reading this article, there is a good chance that you do. Shrimp is a very flexible food and can be included in a multitude of stunning dishes. One of the best ways to incorporate shrimp into a full meal is by adding it to pasta. There is something about shrimp pasta that just makes my mouth water – and probably yours, too. Of course, no good pasta dish can be complete without sauce. The recipe in this article will teach you how to make a savory shrimp pasta tomato sauce that will spice up any pasta dish no matter what it is.
The ingredients that are used to make this shrimp pasta tomato sauce can be easily found in any supermarket or grocery store. It does use white wine, though; even though the heat will cook off the alcohol, if this still makes you uncomfortable you can substitute nonalcoholic white wine in its place. You will need the following ingredients:
Frozen Gourmet Shrimp!
- ¾ tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup white wine, (dry and not too sweet)
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 28 oz can tomatoes, (crushed)
- 10 jumbo shrimp, (peeled and deveined)
As mentioned in the ingredient list, the shrimp needs to be peeled and deveined. It can be fresh or frozen; either way it will be cooked and added to the sauce. You can also substitute white sugar for the brown sugar if you do not want a sauce that is quite as sweet. If you like an acidic taste, then reduce the sugar to ¼ tablespoon and include 2 tablespoons of lime juice. That way it is more acidic, but not overly so.
Shrimp Pasta Tomato Sauce: Preparation
- Now that you have the ingredients, we can make the sauce. Take a saucepan and warm the oil over medium heat. After a minute or minute and a half (whenever the oil is warm), add the tomatoes, brown sugar, white wine, and oregano/basil mix. Also pour in 1/3 cup of parsley.
- Bring this to a boil; when a nice, rolling boil has started, reduce the heat, cover the saucepan, and let the food simmer over low heat for 22-25 minutes. When it starts to thicken, include the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn opaque (4-5 minutes or so).
- When the shrimp have cooked, remove from heat. You can now use this shrimp pasta tomato sauce in just about any way you can imagine. But below are some suggestions to help get you started.
Suggestions for Shrimp Pasta Tomato Sauce
One of the best ways to use this pasta sauce is – surprise – with pasta! Spaghetti works incredibly well and is probably my favorite pasta to use with this tomato sauce. I enjoy other types of pasta, though, such as fettuccine and rigatoni. You can actually use this sauce in ravioli, believe it or not. But pasta is not the only food you can use this sauce with. This sauce actually tastes pretty good over flavored rice. Basically, try this sauce with any food you can think of and see if it works for you. You will probably get some combinations that just do not taste right – but you will get some that taste great, too. Good luck!
More by this Author
What To Serve With Lobster What to serve with lobster and how to serve a lobster In order to have the perfect lobster meal. What to serve with warm or cold Lobster,3 Methods
Peeling vegetables can definitely take the fun out of cooking, especially if it takes a very long time to do so. That’s why there exist numerous and varying designs of vegetable peelers in the market...
Love camping? Love Disney? Get the best of both worlds at Disney's Fort Wilderness. Check out this review of this popular vacation destination for outdoorsy families.