Bengali Recipe | Shrimp With Bottle Gourd (Lau Chingri)
Bengali Name: Lau Chingri
I am a food lover. Although I like all the testy dishes my all-time favorite is Bengali cuisine especially Fish Dish. Since long I was thinking of writing several hubs on recipe, but somehow I could not do it! This would be my first hub in this series.
Bengali cuisine is simple to try, less spicy and all ingredients are natural and healthy. I would request you to try it at least once in your lifetime! I swear you will certainly be fond of it.
INGREDIENTS ( Serves for 2-3)
- Bottle gourd 250 gm
- Shrimps 75 gm
- Mustard oil 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 gm
- Fenugreek seeds 1 gm
- Cumin seeds 1 gm
- Fennel seeds 1 gm
- Onion seeds 1 gm
- Bay leaf 1 no
- Ginger pest 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp
- Salt to test
- Peel and discard the seeds of bottle gourd and then grate it.
- Head the oil in a pan till it smokes
- Put mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and bay leaf into the oil
- Reduce the flame and add ginger paste
- Cook till it browns a little
- Add cleaned shrimps and sauté till the color of shrimps turns reddish
- Add bottle gourd put a lead on the pan
- Cook till the bottle gourd become tender
- Mix red chilli powder and cook over a high flame till the liquid gets absorbed.
Serve with fine rice
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...