Sichuan Dry-Fried Green Beans Recipe (Gan Bian Si Ji Dou)
Dry-fried green beans topped with ground pork and spiced with Sichuan red hot chili. Serve this hearty dish with warm rice or noodles. This is a meal with simple ingredients but delicious, tasty, spicy and exotic. It can be a great side dish too.
To prepare this Sichuan dry-fried beans, there are two steps cooking process. First, we need to stir-fry the beans and then, to stir-fry the pork with aromatics, chili and seasoning.
This is a low-fat green beans dish. I use very little oil to stir-fry the green beans. It will take little bit longer than usual stir-fry. Slow stir-fry will intensify the flavor and the result is wonderfully dried and blistered green beans, not mushy one. Some people love to stir-fry the beans in large quantity of oil or almost like deep-fry. Do not forget to dry the beans well before stir-frying. If you prefer, you can cut the green beans into 2-inch pieces.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
12 oz green beans, trimmed
4 oz ground pork
1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tps salt
3/4 tbsp minced ginger
1/2 tbsp garlic
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
4-5 dried chili
How to Fix
- Heat a wok over a high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and the beans in. Lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 minute then sprinkle on salt. stir-fry for few second. Cook the green beans for about 5 minutes or until browned and little bit dried. Transfer the beans to a platter.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of oil and add in garlic, dried chili and ginger. Stir-fry until the aromatics are fragrant. Thrown the pork in. Cook and stir for 1 minutes until the pork is cooked.
- Return the green beans to the wok. Add sugar and soy sauce in. Stir-fry for 3 seconds to combine. Transfer to a serving dish.
Quick and Easy Chinese Recipes
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
How to stir-fry ong choy or water spinach.
- Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fried Recipe
How to use fermented black bean sauce as seasoning and how to stir-fry chicken with black bean sauce.
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to prepare baby bok choy (Shanghai bok choy) with garlic. Extremely tasty and easy.
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
How to stir-fry tomatoes. Easy and healthy dish.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Easy Chinese Stir-Fried Cabbage With Bacon
Sichuan Green Beans
More by this Author
Shanghai fried chicken Flickr by Snowpea&bokchoi This is my favorite Chinese fried chicken recipe. It's easy to make and of course tasty. This recipe does not require any breading or batter at all. The chicken...
Indonesian oxtail soup - sop buntut Flickr by Miss Yasmina Sop Buntut - Tender oxtail slices with potatoes and carrots swim in clear but rich broth. Among Indonesian soups, sop buntut (Indonesian oxtain soup) is...
Vietnamese Crispy Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp Stir-Fried - Mi Xao Don Thap Cam This is Vietnamese interpretation of Chinese panfried noodles or crispy chow mein. Mi Xao Don Thap Cam is crispy panfried egg noodles...