Crockpot Side Dishes
Why crockpot cooking?
- It is easy and convenient. You just place all of the ingredients in the pot in the morning before you leave the house and come home to a delicious, cooked meal. What could be better?
- You need to add 20 - 30 minutes additional cooking time for each time you lift up the lid.
- You food is more flavorful. Because it is slowing cooking all day the juices have a chance to soak in and marinate the ingredients of your recipe.
- The direct heat from the crockpot, the lengthy cooking time and the steam created inside the pot combine to destroy bacteria and make slow cooking a safe process for cooking foods.
- A crock pot costs less to operate than a stove or oven.
- It's one-pot cooking. You have less to clean up.
- Crockpots use about the same amount of electricity as an electric light bulb.
- Because you need to plan ahead to make a crock pot meal the ingredients are more nutritious.
- One hour of cooking on high equals 2 to 2 1/2 hours on low.
2 cans cream-style corn
1 can whole kernal corn, drained
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
2 cups crushed snack crackers
Combine all ingredient in crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
French Onion Green Beans
2 quarts green beans, drained
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
5 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
1 onion, finely chopped
1 can French fried oinions
Combine everything except for French onions in crockpot.
Cover with lid and cook for 5 hours on low.
Top with French onions before serving.
8 ripe tomatoes
2 tbsp margarine
1 medium onion, thinlysliced
2/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp bayleaf
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
Core tomatoes, place in boiling water for 15-20 seconds.
Then immerse in ice water.
Peel and cut in wedges.
Combine all ingredients in crockpot, cover and cook on low for 8 - 9 hours.
Orange Glazed Carrots
3 cups carrots, thinly slicced
2 cups water
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp orange marmalade
2 tsp chopped nuts
Place carrots, salt and water in crockpot and cook on high for 2 - 3 hours.
Place carrots back in crockpot and all all ingredients.
Cover, cook on high for 30 minutes.
1 large head of red cabbage, coarsely sliced
2 medium onions, sliced
6 tart apples, cored and quartered
2 tsp salt
2 cups hot water
3 tbsp sugar
2/3 cups cider vinegar
6 tbsp margarine
Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
Cover and cook on high for 8 hours.
3 cups sliced raw potatoes
3 cups sliced carrots
1 can beef broth (15 oz)
1/2 cup shopped onions
Place vegetables in crockpot.
Pour beef broth over vegetables.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Great Crockpot Hubs
- Crockpot Cooking: Utensils and Accessories
Official Crock Pot brand cooking utensils. If by chance you've read any of my other crockpot cooking hubs; then you may have notice it is time for me to suggest some Crockpot Cooking: Utensils and Accessories that an individual can use to take...
- Baking Bread And Other Things In A Crockpot Or Slow ...
Baking with a crock pot? You might not believe that this can be done but I am here to say that it can! I have made delicious bread pudding in my crock pot and when the temperatures soar to 100 degrees, it is...
- Crockpot Cooking: Spiced Wine Hot or Cold
Depending where you are from spiced wine maybe referred to as mulled wine and is often served during the holidays in the fall and winter only. However, Crockpot Cooking: Spiced Wine Hot or Cold will explore a...
- 5 Best (and Easiest!) Crockpot Appetizers
Weve all had the party panic moment our perfect menu is planned (the one where you have to spend all day slaving over a hot stove!) but your oven doesnt have one more inch of space to make delicious...
- Crockpot Cooking: Organic Beans and Rice
Crockpot Cooking: Organic Beans and Rice will provide some quick and easy cooking techniques for organic beans and rice. Id like to consider myself a modern cook in that meals must be healthy,...
More by this Author
Chicken seems to be the most popular meat around. It is low in calories and oh so delicious. It is the perfect meat to use for every day eating or for dieting.
Cabbage, the oldest vegetable known, is not only delicious but healthy. It can be eaten cooked, raw, steamed and more ways than you can imagine.
Remember that special aunt or uncle that always showed how much they cared? Now you can show them how much you care by sending them a loving quote.