Simple Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
These simple scalloped potatoes are a perfect side dish to pair with pork, ham, chicken or fish.
Products to Make This Recipe Easier
1 (10.75 ounce) can of cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
5 cups scrubbed and thinly sliced russet potatoes
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, flour and butter.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in baking dish and cover with 1/3 of the soup mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat 2 more times, ending with soup mixture and reserving last 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
- To ensure evenly cooked potatoes, make sure your slices are all the same thickness.
- Slicing thin potatoes is easy work with a mandoline or food processor.