Simple Delicious Meatloaf Recipe
Who doesn't love meatloaf? It's easy to prepare and one of the most satisfying main dishes on the planet! I am not a culinary genius or anything like that but I'm trying. A long time ago my grandma told me she always put a little bit of barbeque sauce in her meatloaf and her meatloaf was always so delicious. So I decided to do just that and the meatloaf came out great! It's not just like my grandmas but still, it's pretty good! I was so impressed that the idea came to me that I should share it, so here is my first hub recipe! I really do think it is the brand of barbecue sauce I used that makes this meatloaf so flavorful. It has a sweet and tangy flavor to it but really, any brand barbeque sauce would work. This recipe is for a 3 pound meatloaf. It's enough to feed the family and you will have a little for leftovers.
- 2 lbs Ground Chuck or Regular Ground Beef
- 3/4 of an 16oz Package Jimmy Dean Ground Sausage
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce, (For glaze on top of loaf)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
1. Put the ground chuck/beef and ground sausage in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce and the rest of the ingredients and mix well. I use clean hands to mix everything. They work better than trying to do this with a spoon. Be sure to mix it thoroughly.
3. After everything is mixed, take the mixture and pat it down into a flat loaf in a 9 x13 baking dish.
4. Take the other 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce and spread it over the top of the meatloaf and then sprinkle some black pepper on top.
5. Cover it with foil and put in the oven to bake at 350 for 1.5 hours. For the last 15 minutes, take the foil off so the top can brown. Cooking time may vary from oven to oven. You may want to check it with a meat thermometer. It is done when the internal temperature is 170 degrees for beef and 185 degrees for mix of beef and pork.
If anyone gives this meatloaf a try, I would love to know what you think! My grandma inspired me to do this mealoaf. If she hadn't told me she always put a little barbeque sauce in hers, I would have never thought to try it. I think it's pretty darned good but I still haven't ate a meatloaf yet that is better than my grandmas meatloaf!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy :)