Simple Healthy Food Recipes
A healthy diet doesn’t necessarily include boiled vegetables and meat. A healthy diet, rather, is a fat free diet which is rich in proteins, carbohydrates and important vitamins and minerals. A good diet is free of extra fat and provides you with all the essential elements that are good for health.
Those who believe that loosing weight would deprive them of all the good food are completely wrong. You can still eat burgers, cakes, cookies and many of the otherwise fattening food products even when you are on a diet! There are many fat free version recipes of your favorite food items having the taste delicious taste as the original, only differing in the amount of fat.
Following are a few healthy recipes that are rich in everything but fat and also provide a great taste along with all the other good things.
Sweet Tooth Recipes If You Don't Want Dieting
- Ultimate Sweet Tooth Recipes
Ingredients 125gm unsalted butter. 1 cup brown sugar. 1 tea spoon vanilla essence 1 egg 1 table spoon milk 1 3/4 cup plain flour.
Singapore Hot Fried Rice
This easy to make, healthy recipe is rich in proteins and carbohydrates. This low fat dish has a brilliant taste with a touch of Asian spices that are surely to make your taste buds sizzle!
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (also deveined and deseeded)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 4 table spoons of peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon (approx) of water
- 5 cups of whole grain rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scallions and raisins for garnish
Method For Preparation:
- Beat the egg lightly with minced garlic.
- Heat 1 table spoon of oil in a wok and make a thin omelet of the beaten egg.
- Make a paste of onion and the jalapeno peppers in a blender
- In the remaining oil of the wok gently fry the paste for two minutes. Add in the rice and gently stir fry.
- Stir fry for few minutes serve topped with raisins scallions and the omelet.
Try Out This Salad With A BBQ
- The Ultimate BBQ Recipe
Well there are obviously man blogs out there offering quality recipes to the world cuisine but I think Pakistani food is one you would really like to taste
This fat free and extremely delicious salad is perfect to be server with spicy barbeque dishes.
- 4 large cucumbers, with their skin peeled off
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of fresh mint and cilantro
- 3-5 whole dried red pepper
- 2 cups of rice vinegar
- 2 cps of cold water
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
Method For Preparation:
- Cut the peeled cucumbers in to half, remove the seeds and then cut them into thick crescent shaped slices.
- mix the cucumbers, onions, mint and cilantro in a bowl
- In a mixing bowl, pour in the water, vinegar and salt and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Now the pour the mixture over the cucumber mixture, stirring lightly.
- The salad is now prepared, cover and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
Low Fat Fish Stew
Fish is rich in proteins which makes it an important constituent of a healthy diet. This stew, unlike other meat stews is highly rich in proteins and has very little amount of fat.
- 1 pound fish fillet of your choice (preferably salmon) and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium sized potatoes, diced into 1 inch dices
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Try This Yummy Desert With Low Fat Milk
- About Lassi And Some Lassi Recipes
Pakistani cuisine is as diverse as its people. Among the drinks or beverages consumed in Pakistan, lassi, is quite popular.
- 2 medium sized carrots cut roughly into 1 inch slices
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 1 medium sized green pepper, cut into thick slices
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1-2 table spoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground thyme
- 2-3 table spoons of water
- 1 bay leaf
Some More Yummy Recipes
- How To Make French Toast
The surface a satisfying light golden interlaced with the richest of browns, the sugar caramelized and gritty in places, smelling heavenly of vanilla, there is something about French toasts.
- How To Make Pancakes
A delicious moment for breakfast and snack lovers is when they get different foods for them.
Method For Preparation:
- Put a pot over flame and add water, garlic and onions into the pot.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes over a medium flame until the onions soften and the water evaporates.
- Add in the potatoes, carrots, peppers celery, tomatoes, tomato sauce, honey and the seasonings.
- Now bring it to boil. Once boiled, cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for 50 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, add in the fish and cook, uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, turn off the heat and sprinkle chopped parsley over the stew before serving.
- Serve the stew with freshly baked crisp bread and green salad.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas
More by this Author
A cake is often described as a sweet dish, often baked, that represents celebration and happiness. For centuries people have been making cakes on special occasions to represent their joys. Today however cake is not...
The Asian cuisine is famous for its uniqueness and diversity. It consists of a variety of dishes each representing the different cultures of this colorful continent. The desserts included in the Asian cuisine are...
History is full of legends that still mystify and entertain. These legends come from cultures all over the world. Some are held as strong beliefs, while others have faded away with time. The...
No comments yet.