Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle
Make Peanut Brittle in the Microwave
Several years ago, when my sons were little, a friend of mine gave me this recipe for making peanut brittle. Until she gave me this recipe, I would have never dreamed of making peanut brittle. Most recipes are for it are so difficult and time consuming and often it just doesn't seem to work right. I am certainly happy that I found this recipe because peanut brittle is my husband's favorite candy, especially during the holiday season.
Cooking Times Vary from Microwave to Microwave
Making peanut brittle with this microwave recipe is easy, except I do need to make this disclaimer.
Different microwaves require different lengths of time in order to make the peanut brittle correctly. With the microwave I am currently using, I must use the longer cook time. Other microwaves I have used required less time. Once I adjusted the cook time to this particular microwave, I just take the few simple ingredients required, an oven safe bowl, microwave and a cookie sheet and I make make perfect peanut brittle every time.
Gather All Peanut Brittle Ingredients before Starting
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Instructions for Making Simple Microwave Peanut Brittle
- In 1 1/2 quart oven safe bowl, stir together sugar and corn syrup, microwave for 4 minutes, lightly butter cookie sheet while mixture is cooking
- Salt raw peanuts then stir in sugar and corn syrup mixture, (Be careful, use wooden spoon or spoon with insulated handle as contents of bowl will be VERY hot.) Microwave another 3-5 minutes until syrup is light brown.
- Add butter and vanilla blend well (Contents of bowl VERY HOT) Microwave 1-2 minutes
- Add baking soda and stir until mixture is light and foamy (Remember contents VERY HOT). Pour mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cool 1/2- 1 full hour. Break peanut brittle into pieces
- Store in an airtight container
Cook Time for Microwave Peanut Brittle
Word of Caution About Simple Microwave Peanut Brittle
PEANUT BRITTLE GETS EXTREMELY HOT! I know I have said it before, but this peanut brittle gets very hot as it cooks so be certain that you take precautions in keeping children out of the kitchen and using proper protections against burns.
I repeat: KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM HOT PEANUT BRITTLE! Can cause severe burns.
Also, after pouring the finished peanut brittle out of the glass bowl DO NOT POUR WATER INTO HOT BOWL! IT WILL BREAK! Allow bowl to cool before attempting to clean.
Do you Like This Recipe?
Butterscotch Pecan Fudge shown in above photo is an adaptation of My Milk Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- Milk Chocolate Fudge
This fudge is so simple and so rich, that your family and friends will think you bought it at a high end candy store
© 2013 Donna Brown
More by this Author
In late summer nothing beats the best Blackberry Cobbler filled with juicy, fresh picked blackberries, covered with a rich flaky crust, topped with whipped topping or ice cream.
soft Caramels are not difficult to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you too can make homemade caramels.
What are the advantages of preserving food by canning, pickling, drying, and smoking? What are the disadvantages?