Simple Mojito Recipe Made with Stevia
Crisp Summertime Refreshment for You and Your Friends!
Everyone loves the crisp, clean, lemon-lime refreshment of mojitos in the summer! Show your friends herb smarts using fresh mint from your garden!
- 2-3 lemons
- 2-3 limes
- 20-30 leaves fresh spearmint
- 2 liters tonic water
- 2-4 shots clear rum
- 1 tsp powdered stevia, (or 1/4 - 1/2 c. sugar)
- 3 Tbsp filtered water
- 1 tray ice cubes
- If using stevia: in a small container with a lid, add 1 tsp stevia to 3 Tbsp filtered water. Shake well until stevia is dissolved.
- Cut lemons and limes into 6-8 sections each.
- In a 2-quart pitcher add lemons and limes, ripped up spearmint leaves, 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. stevia solution to taste (or use 1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar to taste), ice, and rum.
- Fill container with tonic water. Add ice and serve.
Remember unlike I did to open the tonic water slloooowwwly!
Excellent refreshment for friends in the summertime! Serves 8.
Summertime Beverage of Choice Poll
What do you reach for to quench your mid-summer thirst?See results without voting
Make It, then Rate It!
More by this Author
Cooking lake perch is a breeze with this complete and easy-to-follow recipe for breaded and fried perch fillets.
A straight-forward article with simple instructions for brewing your own iced tea at home.
Reliable information is available on the toxic components and effects of essential oils. Side effects, injuries, and deaths have been reported from their use, both internally and topically.