How to Make Fried Cabbage that Tastes Delicious
Southern Fried Cabbage
My brother-in-law introduced this recipe to us a couple years ago at a family function, and we have enjoyed it ever since.
Who knew cabbage could taste so good?
Ingredients for Fried Cabbage
- 1 Large Head of Cabbage, Chopped
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- For Variation Green and Red Bell Peppers, Chopped
How to Prepare
- Fry the bacon until nice and crisp.
- Use bacon drippings to fry the chopped cabbage and onion in a frying pan.
- For a healthier version omit the bacon for olive oil.
- Cook cabbage until tender.
- For variation, add green and red peppers.
We hope this fried cabbage recipe becomes one of your favorites too. There will be more recipes coming soon from the Hazelwood Family Kitchen.
Other Fried Cabbage Recipes
- Fried Cabbage and Noodles with Bacon
Another family favorite. I don’t even know where this one came from, I just know that Mom made it at least once a month when we were growing up. For all I know she probably ran out of potatoes one day and...
- Angus Day: Angus Burgers with Fried Cabbage
Almost nothing can beat the taste of good Angus beef!! Even though you can't eat bread on the candida diet, you can still enjoy the juicy flavor of an Angus beef patty. I served this with fried cabbage. Ingredients: 1 lb. organic Angus...
- Thai Stir Fried Cabbage with Pork Recipe. Quick and ...
Stir frying a bit of white cabbage and pork is so easy, but tastes so good. Try this authentic Thai stir fried meal - ready in 5 minutes, start to finish.
- Indian Stir Fried Cabbage (Vegetarian dish) EASY DIS...
Indian stir fry cabbage
- How to Make Fried Cabbage with Bacon
An easy classic - fried cabbage with bacon recipe, instructions and tips.
© 2011 hazelwood4
More by this Author
Has anyone ever told you an inspirational story inspired you to go on? In this article, you will find some stories that have helped me through many tough times. I hope the stories inspire you too.