Skillet Turkey Patties with Mushrooms and Brown Gravy
Rate this recipe please!
Delicious turkey patties are browned then simmered in brown gravy and mushrooms. It has the taste and texture of meatloaf, but does not require baking and is free of beef. This is comfort food at its finest and is a cinch to throw together for a great weeknight dinner for your family.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 small can of mushrooms
- 2 packets brown gravy mix
- Mix turkey, onion, green pepper, egg, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Take a small ball and form into a patty. Place patties on a plate.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer patties to the skillet. Brown for 10 minutes then flip, brown for another 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low-medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add packet of brown gravy mix and the amount of water the packet calls for. Drain the mushrooms and add to the skillet. Let mixture simmer until gravy is thick and the meat is cooked through,
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles. Enjoy!
Need a new skillet?
More by this Author
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...
No comments yet.