Skor Bar Cake Recipe
Skor Bar Cake
Skor Bar Cake
This has got to be one of my favorite cakes, ever! It's right up there with cheesecake. And that's saying a lot considering I don't even like Skor bars. Not only is this cake one of my favorites but it is also a big hit with my family and friends. I am often asked to make this recipe for family gatherings and Birthday parties.
This cake is full of ooey gooey goodness. Due to the caramel/butterscotch and sweetened condensed milk topping. This cake does have the tendency to start out a little "soggy" and continues to become a little more moist the longer you keep. Fortunately this does not affect the taste of the cake and the cake itself never sticks around for too long!
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk, I usually use Eagle Brand. However, feel free to choose whichever brand you please.
- 1 Box Chocolate Devils Food Cake Mix, You will also need the ingredients indicated on the cake box, such as eggs, ect.
- 1 Container (can, bottle, ect.) Caramel or Butterscotch Sauce, I personally use the Caramel.
- 4-5 Bars Skor Bars, Crushed. The packs of four chocolate bars is sufficient.
- 1 Container Whipped Cream, You can make the whipping cream, or purchase a tub of Cool Whip.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit for shiny metal or glass pan or 325 degrees fahrenheit for a dark nonstick pan as indicated on the cake box. Use the middle rack of your oven for the most even baking.
- Prepare cake mix as indicated on the box. Beat cake mix, water or milk, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds, and medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake mix into a 9X13 pan.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 mins. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking. Mix the caramel/butterscotch topping and the can of sweetened condensed milk. For a more gooey cake add lots of caramel/butterscotch. And for a less gooey cake, add less caramel/butterscotch.
- Once the cake is finished baking. Pokeholes into the cake while it is still warm. You can used the end of a wooden spoon to do this. Or a fork. Depending on how large of holes you want. And how much of the caramel/butterscotch mixture you have to soak into the cake.
- Pour the caramel/butterscotch and sweetened condensed milk mixture over top of the cake. Covering the entire surface.
- Let the cake cool and prepare your whipped topping. You can either use whipped topping that has already been prepared, such as cool whip. Or you can make your own. It depends on which you personally prefer.
- Once the cake has cooled. Spread a layer of whipped cream over the top of the entire cake. You can make this layer as thick or thin as you would like.
- Crush your Skor Bars. I usually leave them in their packaging and carefully hit them with a hammer. Sprinkle the crushed skor bars over top of the whipped topping covering the entire cake.
- You are finished! Eat and enjoy your masterpiece. Please be sure to store any leftovers in the fridge.
More Candy Cake Recipes
This recipe is a mixture of peanut butter cups and cake! The reviews for this recipe state, "Made them for a party and they were an instant hit", "I love how easy this recipe is", and "Made these for my husbands birthday to take to work... he said they didn't last five minutes".
This recipe uses pound cake to make your own cake the resembles a giant candy bar! The reviews for this recipe state, "Easy to make, results were fantastic!", "This recipe was AMAZING. So easy to do.", and "Two thumbs up!! This one is a keeper! Taste great and easy to make".
This yummy cake uses caramel and fun-sized chocolate-coated nougat and peanut candy bars. The reviews for this recipe state, "This is an AMAZING cake!!! You will not be disappointed!!!", "yum yum yummy", and "This is cake is to die for! One of my favorites!"
More by this Author
There are many different kinds of coughs: productive chest cough, non-productive or dry cough, whooping cough, barking cough, psychogenic cough, and reflex cough. When should you see a doctor?
A list of affordable, sweet and fruity tasting wines. For anyone who loves the "alcoholic wine juice" called Arbor Mist. You might want to try these wines as well.
A list of pregnancy tests that are the most sensitive, whether to use a blue dye or pink dye test, whether or not digital tests are less sensitive, and all about early pregnancy testing.