Skylander Birthday Cake
- 3 Boxed Cake Mixes, 2 Vanilla, 1 Chocolate
- 3 Cans Frosting, 2 Vanilla, 1 Chocolate
- Coloured Sugar, Yellow, Green, Blue, A Sprinkle of Each
- Chocolate Coins, Fish Shaped Candies, Candy Bracelets,
- 1 Skore Bar, Unbroken
- 2 long wooden skewers, and 2 pieces of paper for the sails
- Food Colouring, Blue, Yellow,
- Mix together vanilla cake mixes, pour into a 12x14 rectangular baking pan. Bake according to boxed directions. Bake chocolate cake in a deep loaf pan according to box instructions.
- Place the cooled vanilla cake on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil, cover the whole cake with a very thin layer of vanilla frosting. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to harden icing.
- Place cooled chocolate cake on cutting board and cut off the 4 corners, forming almost a diamond shape, from a birds eye view.
- Mix 1 can vanilla frosting with blue food colouring, and half of the other with yellow food colouring.
- Remove vanilla cake from fridge, cover evenly with blue frosting, fish candies & blue sugar, EXCEPT for a small corner, where u will cover with yellow frosting, and yellow sugar, refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until frosting hardens a little.
- Place the chocolate boat shape on one end of the vanilla cake, place 2 of the corners you cut on either end of the boat. ( corners up) Cover chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
- Outline boat with small tube of yellow icing, add any other decorations you have. Add paper sails. (With the 2 remaining corners of the chocolate cake, I put a small treasure chest filled with stuff on the island)
- Open Skylanders and place them throughout the cake.
Step By Step Photo Guide
More Kids Treats
- Kids Treats on Pinterest
Explore Amanda Bennett's hand-picked collection of Pins about Kids Treats on Pinterest. See more about ham recipes, green eggs and ladybug cupcakes.
Make Cake Decorating Easier!
More by this Author
There's Nothing More Soothing Then A Day At The Beach, And There's Nothing More Rewarding Than A Pocket Full Of Seaglass! Bring The Ocean To You With This 100% Genuine Nova Scotia Seaglass Art!!
Do you have a hard time getting your 3-10 year old to try new foods? Have you ever let them make a choice or lend a hand in dinner prep?
No comments yet.