Slow Cooker Beef Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
The Secret Is In the Meat
Many times, people will use a variety of beef when seeking the "perfect" philly meat, but there is no need to do this. When you are trying for a more original philly, it is best to use rib-eye over any other cut of beef. The thinner it is sliced,the better.
- This recipe is altered with some flavors that are not normally in my cheesesteak, more or less for the moisture factor since we are using the slow cooker
- Different brands will produce different results. I'll include our preferences when I am listing the ingredients.
- If you are not a fan of cooking your peppers, onions and mushrooms in the slow cooker, just add a little butter and sautee them on the stove top, but they really work to enhance the flavor of the meat if they cook with it. So, you can even consider waiting to add them until towards the end.
The Search for a Solution
For those of you who have seen several of my recipes, this section is similar to many of the others. I am a full-time student, full time employee, own half of another business with my husband, and a step-mom. Recognizing this, many can see why I am constantly on the look out for ways to prepare many of our meals with a slow cooker. It is too difficult to cook fresh meals every day if I can't find solutions to cook at least part of the meal in a slow cooker so I can save on time. This is the main reason so many of my recipes are focused on the aspect of a slow cooker!
The one think my family loves, especially my husband, is a form of philly cheesesteak but an hour or more can sometimes be too demanding to prepare a meal, so I began the search for the perfect solution to prepare his favorite meal on a more regular bases (it had been relegated to once or twice a year). One of the amazing things about slow cookers can be that no matter the recipe you are searching for, there is always a way to create it.
I tried a lot of the various recipes which are more like french dip sandwich but none would be up to par with the hubby's favorite, so, what to do? Well, searching through suggestions and seeking out solutions to the numerous problems I had encountered, I noticed all the recipes I found always fell very short of the mark of what I was looking for. The meats were never right or the flavoring, while still great, just did not measure up to the simple solution I was looking for. I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and combine my normal ingredients that were normally prepared on a griddle and make a few minor changes, and suddenly the solution was discovered!
I finally captured the flavor that my husband loves so much, combined it in a slow cooker and all of a sudden, the option for this Slow Cooker Philly was uncovered. Now, these are by no means the standard philly cheesesteak of fame, but they are still extremely enjoyable. Even better, they have all the flavor and tenderness that I was seeking.
Like a few other recipes, there are still a couple of side steps to add the final touches to the meal, but 20 minutes is nothing compared to the old one hour preparation. The secret is in the meat! The best option when searching for a philly cheesesteak is to use ribeye steaks. If you have a local meat market, many of them are willing to "shred" the meat to the thickness that works best.
For example, on the griddle, I use finely shredded ribeye, whereas in the slow cooker, I can use the same but prefer a slightly thicker shred. Try it both ways to determine what works best for you! Not only this, be prepared for the "WOW" factor so many are seeking when working on preparing the perfect meal! This is sure not to disappoint!
Melt in your mouth!
Rate to let others know what you think!
So You Are Feeling A Little Naughty
Have you ever had one of those days when you just wanted to splurge a little, take a step back and be a little naughty? Well, this recipes is a great option for one of those days! Added the tender meat and veggies and the gooey flavor of cheese and you have a meal that is sure to make you smile! It may not be a great choice for your diet, but it is sure to create something that is an easy to go to solution for an easy dinner on those nights when you just want to take a step away from the mundane and instead enjoy the wonderful!
When preparing this meal, you are creating a masterpiece sub which will have your family asking for much more! Even better, you are not going to be slaving away in a hot kitchen but instead, you are going to be tossing a few last minute touches on at the end and delivering a wonderful meal!
Just a taste... Said no one ever
What Do I Need?
- 2 lbs. Rib-Eye Steak, Shredded
- 1 Medium White Onions, Slice into rings and then cut rings in half
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 /2 lb. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. Steak Sauce, (We use A-1)
- 2 tbsp. Worchestire Sauce
- 1/4 c. BBQ Sauce, (We use Jack Daniel's)
- 2 tbsp. Butter, (We use unsalted)
- Spray Butter
- 2 c. Con Quesa Cheese, Melted and Warmed
- 8 Hoagie Buns
- Toppings of Your Choice
What do I need to do?
- Layer the onions and green peppers on the bottom of slow cooker.
- On top, place the meat and then the mushrooms.
- In a bowl, mix together steak sauce, Worchestire Sauce and BBQ sauce. Pour over top of the mushrooms and meat.
- Distribute the 2 tbsp. of butter over the top of the mixture and cover, cooking on low 7-8 hours.
- Before serving, spray butter on both sides of the hoagie buns and either brown on the stove top or place in the over on broil until they become lightly browned.
- Heat up the con quesa.
- Once the buns are browned and the cheese are ready, place the meat on the bun and then pour the con quesa cheese over top and serve with favorite toppings!
Let's Enjoy Dinner!
More by this Author
A favorite in our home is cubed steak! This recipe has received a ton of rave reviews as people have tried it and could not believe the taste or flavor that is created! Even better, its quck & easy!
Discovered an awesome recipe on Taste of Home about four years ago, and finally tweeked it to become the perfect crock pot meatloaf, without tomatoes or ketchup, yet still flavorful!
Finding an amazing lamb ribs recipe was difficult, but am absolutely in love with this one! It is amazing! Probably would work with other rib recipes, but since we have lamb, this is my choice!
Let Everyone Know What You Think or Make a Few Suggestions!
No comments yet.