Low-Fat Recipes for Savory Slow-Cooker Suppers
Spicy Beef Chili
- 3/4 lb lean beef stew meat
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 15-oz cans chili beans in sauce
- 1 14.5-oz can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, including juices
- 3 cups frozen chopped green pepper
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
Cut beef into 1/2-inch cubes. Add all ingredients to slow cooker, stir well. Cover and cook set on high for 4 hours or until beef is tender. Top with fat-free sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired (not included in point count for Weight Watchers).
Weight Watchers: 6 servings, 5 points per serving
Mediterranean Beef Stew
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3/4 lb lean beef stew meat
- 2 14.5-oz cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 2-inch stick cinnamon
Cut zucchini into bite-sized chunks, and beef into ½-inch cubes. Place zucchini in bottom of slow cooker, then add beef and remaining ingredients in order. Cover and cook set on high for 5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Weight Watchers: 4 servings, 4 points per serving
Italian Crock Pot-Roast
- 1 2.5-lb boneless beef round roast
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 8-oz cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix
Dice onion and slice roast in half, placing in bottom of slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook set on high for 5 hours or until roast is tender and cooked through. Slice meat to serve.
Weight Watchers: 8 servings, 5 points per serving
Chicken Pepper Pot
- 2 16-oz pkg frozen chopped mixed peppers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 11-oz can low-fat, low-sodium tomato soup with herbs & peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp white wine Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic salt
Place all ingredients in slow cooker, stir. Cover and cook set on high for 4 hours. Serve over brown rice or whole-wheat pasta (not included in point count for Weight Watchers).
Weight Watchers: 4 servings, 5 points per serving
Glazed Turkey & Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 3/4-lb turkey tenderloin
- 1 14.5-oz can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
- ½ cup no-sugar-added apricot fruit spread
Scrub sweet potatoes and place in bottom of slow cooker, then put turkey over potatoes. Pour broth over both, add bay leaves and fruit spread. Cover and cook set on high for 5 hours or until turkey is thoroughly cooked and tender. Slice meat and serve with potatoes.
Weight Watchers: 4 servings, 6 points per serving
Need A New Crock Pot?
More by this Author
The best tasty recipes for quick and easy fat-free cookies, including Oatmeal-Raisin, Oatmeal-Brownie, Orange-Cranberry, Pumpkin-Raisin, and Oatmeal-Ginger.
Recipes for no-guilt sweets and treats for those counting Weight Watchers points: Brownies, Shakes, Slushies, and Cookies galore!
Weight Watching is easy with crockpot recipes for Lasagna, Chicken Stroganoff, Beef Stew, and Tortilla Soup!