Smoked Cheddar Cheese Ball Recipe
Cream cheese, smoked cheddar, and chopped nuts combine perfectly in this recipe to create a flavorful Smoked Cheddar Cheese Ball. Serve this quick and easy cheesy snack with crackers at your next cocktail party, sporting event, or family picnic.
- a small Ziploc bag
- a rolling pin
- a mixing bowl
- an electric mixer or wire whisk
- a large shallow dish
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 8oz package smoked cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts, chopped fine (see "quick tips" below instructions)
- an assortment of crackers, for dipping
- Soften the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl by allowing them to sit at room temperature for about a half hour.
- Pour the milk and Worcestershire sauce into the mixing bowl, and beat until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Put your finely chopped nuts into a large shallow dish.
- Remove the cheese mixture from the fridge, form it into a ball and roll it through the nuts to coat evenly.
- Let the cheese ball stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Serve with crackers.
- To quickly chop nuts without creating a mess; place them in a small Ziploc bag, seal it and roll over them with your rolling pin.
- Cheesy snacks like this one tend to go fast, so for large gatherings consider adding a few of the recipes below to your party menu.
- Super Bowl Party Menu Planner
If you are planning a Super Bowl party, and looking for some great dishes to add to the menu of food you will serving, you'll want to check out some of the awesome game day recipes below! Chicken wings have been a favorite at game day parties...
- How To Throw A Great Cocktail Party
Throwing a cocktail party is a great way to celebrate any occasion. Better yet, a cocktail party is a great way to have fun for those of us who like to throw parties "just for the heck of it"! A properly...
More by this Author
A tasty centerpiece for your coffee table on football Sunday!
When using a turkey fryer it is critical to know how long to cook your bird. The chart below will tell you how much time is needed to safely cook your bird in a turkey fryer. Type of Bird ,Oil Temperature ,Fry Time Per...
The hull (or outerlayer) of a corn kernel is made up of mostly cellulose. Cellulose does not break apart easily when chewed and we humans don't have the enzyme to break it down.