Sofrito Grilled Bread
Sofrito Grilled Bread is a nice change from your everyday garlic bread. The sofrito spread can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2 sweet red bell peppers, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion thiny sliced
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
Thick sliced country bread, or French bread
additional olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet. Add chopped peppers, onions and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Blend sauteed vegetables in blender or food processor, adding olive oil as needed to make a smooth, creamy spread. Add salt to taste.
- Spread sofrito on each side of bread slices.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill pan. Cook each side of bread slices on a grill pan until nicely browned and char marks are present.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.
- Store unused sofrito spread in refrigerator for up to one week.
Serve Sofrito Grilled Bread with Hearts of Palm Salad.
More by this Author
With several grapevines growing in our yard, we typically have more than we can use in the season. The grape harvest doesn't last that long. Most of them ripen at just about the same time. And, they have to be picked as...
Aioli pizza, or white pizza, has a flavor entirely different than traditional pies made with a tomato sauce. Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise. While you could add roasted garlic to mayonnaise to make this recipe, I prefer a...
When I was growing up, a special treat was a burger at Bob's Big Boy. It is still one of my favorite memories from my childhood. Unfortunately, Bob's Big Boy closed, and took their burgers with them. After searching and...