Vegetable Soup. My Favourite
As we approach Autumn in Australia soup comes back into my thoughts. Vegetable Soup is so delicious cheap and easy to make. Although the temperature in Australia is for the most part very mild compared to other countries. Nevertheless soup is often on the menu in most households, restaurants and cafes. I really enjoy Vegetable soup because you satisfy two needs with one stone; Thirst & hunger.
This soup consists of a three bean mix together with a wide variety of vegetables. Macadamia Nuts and Herbs and Spices to taste.
- Old Timey Sweet Recipes from the Past
A discovery! My mother ( had she still been alive ) would have loved the research that has gone into this hub when re-discoverying these old timey sweet recipes from the past. That is because...
- Easy guide to being a Gourmet Cheese Buff
As I said in an earlier post in the competition I really not sure why I am here. I must admit I have been inspired somewhat by a couple of recent episodes of Master-Chef but more by importantly by ...
- 400 grams Soup bean mix, pre mixed whole packet
- 400 grams Red Lentils, pre mixed whole packet
- 4 carrots, large
- 1 quarter pumpkin, medium size
- 2 sweet potatoes, average size
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 100 grams green peas
- cashews 20
- macadamia nuts 10
- soak beans mix and lentils overnight in cold water or for a minimum of 5 hours. Clean and prepare vegetables.
- Bring to boil. Simmer for one hour.
- Whilst this is happening I add the vegetables, sea salt, pepper, garlic, basil, onions, parsley, mixed herbs. turn heat down to very low put on lid & simmer for two hours. check frequently to see that it does not boil dry. After half hour hours add cahew and macadamia nuts & peas. At less than the one hour mark you should be able to tell by sight how well it is cooked and if it ready to serve. Take off heat and leave for ten minutes it is then ready to serve.
More by this Author
Oldest Language. There is some debate about which is the oldest language in the world. Written or spoken the records naturally would support a written language rather than a spoken one.