Soup's Not Just For Wednesday Part 4
Lately, the best part of Wednesday scary movie night has been the time spent with a dear friend, hot soup and warm bread. This recipe is another favorite. The movies not so much. Maybe we need to find a different genre. Any suggestions?
Italian Sausage Soup
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups oinons, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, dried crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sage, dried
- 1 - 14.5 oz can tomatoes, diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 - 16 oz kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup pasta shells, uncooked
- Evenly brown the Italian sausage in 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Add chopped vegetables and seasonings. Cook 10 minutes or until tender
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth and drained kidney beans. Bring to boil then simmer for 20 minutes
- Add uncooked pasta shells and cook 10 minutes
More by this Author
We took the risk of falling in love....and we were all the better for it.
We are surrounded by people who inspire us; give us new visions; make our lives safe; give us hope.
We all wobble, totter, and stumble as we grow. And, we sometimes continue to do so throughout our lifetime. Here's hoping you find comfort in knowing there is someone there to hold, guard, catch and love you...