South of the Border Burger
Some days, the ordinary hamburger just isn't satisfying enough. Ground beef patties and the regular toppings just seem blah, especially after the fifth summer barbecue. On those days, kick your burger up a notch with flavors inspired by tacos.
The taco seasoning adds a zesty flavor. Even the sauce can change things up each time by switching between mild and hot.
To allow different people to make their own choices on toppings, provide a "toppings bar" with the various toppings, sauces and even other condiments family and friends may choose to put on tacos.
- about 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 tbls. taco seasoning
- taco or Mexican cheese pouch
- favorite taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- package of hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and taco seasoning until well mixed.
- Form patties in desired size, and place on grilling surface.
- After about 5 minutes, flip burgers and carefully sprinkle cheese on top. (Time may vary depending on desired doneness.)
- As the burgers continue cooking, place a small amount of lettuce on bottom buns.
- Once burgers have completed cooking, place on buns. Drizzle taco sauce on top, then finish with a spoonful of diced tomatoes.
- For an added flair, serve with tortilla chips.
More by this Author
How to make most superhero costumes - no sew, easy ideas. Includes how to make belts, capes and even a skirt worthy of warriors like Wonder Woman.
Parents can take the superheroes of the big screen and colorful books and create a party kids will love.
Some schools may let kids wear hats that are crazy or show their love of Dr. Seuss books for Read Across America Day. There are probably supplies already at home to easily make a hat from scratch.