Easy Winter Recipes/Meals, Southwestern Beef Stew Recipe, Crock Pot Southwest Style Beef Stew
- 2 Pounds Beef Stew Meet, Cut into 1" cubes
- 2 Tablesppons Cooking Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/4 Cups Onion, Chopped
- 16 Ounces Salsa, Jar of your choice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- 2 Teaspoons Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 3 Medium Carrots, Cut into 1" pieces
- 14 1/2 Ounce Can Diced Tomatos, Un-Drained
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Cut Green Beans
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 4 Ounce Can Chopped Green Chilies
*You can decide an the spiciness of this stew by selecting you choice of salsa. I usually use the medium.
- In a pan brown beef cubes in the cooking oil over medium heat. Transfer beef cubes into a larger pot (about 4-quart size) and add the next eight ingredients. (water, onion, salsa, garlic, parsley, beef bouillon, cumin, salt) Bring these ingredients to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the carrots, return to a boil. Reduce heat again and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, green beans, corn and chilies, return to a boil. Again reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
We have a family of six, 2 adults and 4 small children. It makes enough for dinner and leaves us usually with ample left-overs. (Sorry I do not have the exact serving size)
More by this Author
The furniture we have in our homes are use a lot day to day. You want a comfortable place to just sit down and take a load off after a hard days work and a place to just relax and spend time with your loved ones. But...
I absolutely love my double kitchen sink. It is perfect in every way. I can wash dishes in one side and then place them in the drying rack on the other side preventing the issue of wet counter tops. I can have a pot or...
What do you do if your Shark Navigator vacuum seems to lose its suction power? All you need to do is give it a good cleaning!