Which is Better? Soy Milk vs. Cow Milk
Soy Milk or Cow Milk?
The debate rages on regarding which is better between soy milk and cow milk. One thing is worth mentioning, however: both are useful food components. Soy milk may lack particular nutrients or vitamin sources as opposed to cow milk and vice versa but they both also have benefits. Which should you drink? The choice is yours, but use this information to help.
Soy Milk Nutrients and Benefits
- A cup of soy milk has 5 g of total fat, 4 g of carbohydrates and 80 calories.
- It also contains 30 mg of sodium and 7 g of protein.
- Soy milk is also a rich source of vitamin B6, Magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin and thiamin
- Soy milk is very high in protein. This is brought about by soy beans containing more protein than any other legume. Protein is helpful in building the body and its organs.
- Soy milk is also said to significantly reduce cholesterol level in the body and hence limiting the chances of someone suffering from a heart disease.
- Soy milk can be taken by lactose intolerant people.
- Soy milk is also low in saturated fat and is believed to contain 10% of the daily value of dietary fiber
- Soy milk also contains iron which is needed for the transportation of oxygen across the body organs and parts.
- Soy milk is also rich in omega 3 fats which has a lot of health and nutritional benefits to the body
- Soy milk contains greater amounts of amino acids as compared to cow milk
Cow Milk Nutrients and Benefits
- Cow milk contains about 30% of the body’s daily value of calcium. Calcium is does a very important role in the body like maintaining strong and healthy teeth and bones.
- Cow milk is also a good source of vitamin D. vitamin D is important in maintaining a healthy and soft skin
- Cow milk has more proteins and phosphorus than soy milk.
- Studies have also indicated that cow milk and other dairy products can significantly reduce certain types of cancers like those that affect the colon.
Buy the Best Baby Milk
Which is Better for Babies?
As for babies, the milk that you should use depends on their age. A baby under the age of one year shouldn’t be drinking any of cow or soya milk but rather should be taking breast milk. Pediatricians recommend that infants be feed on dairy based milk formulas as opposed to soy based formulas because of its similarity to breast milk. Soy formulas are also given to babies who are allergic to dairy products or are lactose intolerant.
When the baby is much older and is consuming other foods, it is the choice of the parent to feed him on soy milk or cow milk if in any case they are to be given to the baby
Other Useful Articles
- Should I Drink Soy Milk? Pros & Cons of Soy Milk
Why choose Soy Milk? Find out here.
- How To Gain Weight FAST
Looking to pack on some pounds in a hurry? Click here to find out how to gain weight FAST.
- Diet Tips: The Best Low Calorie Foods And Snacks For...
Recommended low-calories food for weight loss.
More by this Author
Are you hoping a special girl likes you, but don’t know how to tell if she is really interested in you? These 20 ways will let you know for sure.
Don't lose another man! Use these tips to make the man you want to fall madly in love with you.
How do you know/tell if a guy likes you back or not? What are the signs/signals that a man likes you? Or how do you tell if he is interested in you or loves you?