Spaghetti al Pomodoro with Chicken
Pasta al Pomodoro
According to Wikipedia:Pasta al pomodoro is an Italian food typically prepared with pasta, olive oil, fresh tomatoes, basil, and various other fresh ingredients. It is intended to be a quick light dish, rather than a dish in a heavy sauce.
Pasta with Chicken
If your looking for a simple pasta recipe and have tired of the old stand -by of spaghetti, here is one you have to try. This is not only easy to make but includes most of the recommended food groups: Proteins, Vegetables, Breads and Fats.
Note: I like to serve this delicious Italian dish with French bread or baguette on the side.
Vote for my Pasta Pomodoro with Chicken
Instructions for Pasta Pomodoro with Chicken
- Rinse chicken breast's under cold water and pat dry. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Put olive oil into pan or wok. Add chicken breast chunks and stir until cooked through. Drain fat and set chicken aside.
- Put olive oil into pan. Add diced onion and garlic and saute' until garlic is slightly browned and onion is translucent.
- Add the cooked chicken to pan or wok and stir together.
- Add additional ingredients into pan or wok: sugar, black olives, diced tomatoes, salt/pepper to taste.
- Heat all ingredients until hot.
- Serve ingredients over cooked spaghetti or angel hair pasta. Cook pasta al dente or to taste.
- Add parmesan cheese or shredded cheese of choice, at table.
- Serve with French bread or baguette.
Ingredients for Pasta al Pomodoro with Chicken
- 1 Box Noodles, Spaghetti or Angel Hair
- 1 Large Package Chicken Breast's, Boneless, Skinless
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 Cans Plum, Whole, or Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Dash Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Basil Leaves, Fresh or Dried
- 1 Can Black Olives, Drained
- Italian Seasoning, To Taste
- Mushrooms, Sliced (Optional)
Saute' Onions and Garlic in Olive Oil
Spaghetti al Pomodoro
Are you a Fan of Pasta DishesSee results without voting
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pasta Pomodoro at Italian Restaurant
- What Are The Best Pasta Dishes
Here we are going to explore the question what are the best pasta dishes. To me pasta is the second greatest invention right after the wheel. Pasta can be cooked so many ways and there are thousands of...
- Quick, Delicious, 15-Minute Pasta Dishes
These pasta dishes are all super-simple and speedy, though you'd never know it from tasting them! Something for everyone, from the pickiest eater to the most refined palate.
© 2010 Linda Rogers
More by this Author
A simple recipe for Cornish Game Hen.
This is a simple chicken skillet-dinner that will wow your taste buds. The mix of chicken, curry, vegetables, and potatoes make it a delicious one-pot dinner.
The painful story of how I lost friends after I was diagnosed with cancer. I'd heard from my cancer therapist that it's actually a common phenomenon, but I never thought it would happen to me.