Quick Easy Healthy Pasta Recipes
Recipes for a Healthy Heart that are Quick and Easy to follow: The Benefits of Garlic in your Daily Diet:
Quick Easy And Cheap Garlic Spaghetti Recipes: The Health Benefits To Your Heart Eating Garlic Daily: Fresh Herbs Cooked With Pasta And Garlic
I would like to share with you some great easy to follow healthy recipes. All these recipes contain fresh garlic. Garlic is a very important part for your daily diet. There are many health benefits to having garlic in your diet. Garlic helps to lower your cholesterol and keep your heart healthy so do try to add it to your recipes. Besides all the health benefits it also taste great.
You can use garlic and herbs in so many ways and it is great when you can grow your own and use them straight from the garden. You can smell and taste the freshness and even better still they are organic.
The recipes I will share with you are not only healthy for you and your family they are very cheap quick and easy to prepare. They are a great thing to have in your freezer or fridge for when you have unexpected visitors.
1000 Italian Recipes
Easy to Follow Healthy Recipes and The Health Benefits Of Garlic In Your Daily Diet
Quick and Easy Recipes for when you do not wish to spend too much time in the Kitchen
We all lead such busy lives these days and like I have often said "I love to cook but do not like spending too much time in the kitchen" so these recipes are great for when your time is limited and you wish to have a tasty healthy meal at a low cost.
I hope you enjoy my hub recipes and maybe you and your family can enjoy the health benefits of garlic in your daily diet as we do.
- 1 pound of pasta twists
- 2 green peppers dice
- 2 red peppers diced
- 2 yellow peppers diced
- 1 onion or shallot chopped
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 large spicy perreroni stick sliced and quartered
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 lemons
- ground black pepper
Cook pasta in hot water with a drop of olive oil...
- In the meantime cut all the vegetables - size according to preference...
- Slice perreroni stick and then quarter slices...
- When pasta is cooked and well drained mix with all of the vegetables and pepperoni...
- Mix all the ingredients using olive oil and the juice of the 2 lemons...Pour on salad and toss well adding freshly ground black pepper...
Refrigerate overnight to absorb all the flavours Enjoy
Ground Beef and Pasta
This video is a recipe with ground beef and pasta. It is a great recipe as you can add different types of fresh herbs and left over vegetables that you may have in your fridge.
Ground Mince Pasta Recipe
Stir Fry Beef
I love this recipe for Stir fry beef. It is one of my favourite meals. It includes all your fresh garlic and fresh herbs from your garden and is so quick and easy to put together.
Stir Fry Beef
How to Plant Garlic
This is a great video on the best way of planting garlic in your garden.
There are some really good tips on how to get the best from your crop.
There is nothing better than to be able to cook with fresh garlic and herbs straight from the ground, the taste is amazing.
How to Plant Garlic
How to Harvest Garlic
This video shows the best way to harvest your garlic. There are many times when I have ruined my garlic while trying to dig it out of the ground but this shows you how to harvest your garlic in the proper way.
Quick and Easy Garlic Spaghetti
- 1 package (16 oz) spaghetti
- 10 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dried oregano, or 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black Pepper.
Cook your Pasta
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a pot over low heat, cook garlic in oil until lightly browned. Remove from the heat. stir in parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti. place in a large bowl.
- Add garlic mixture and Parmesan cheese. toss to coat.
Roasted Garlic and Fresh Herb Pasta Recipe
- 1 head plus 8 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. spaghetti (I like angel hair)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese for grating.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wrap garlic head in foil, or place in garlic roaster.
- Roast until soft and golden, about 1 hour.
- Let cool, trim tip of head. squeeze out cloves, using back of knife.
- Transfer to small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta in hot water with a touch of olive oil.
- Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Thinly slice five cloves of unroasted garlic.
- Chop remaining three cloves.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large pot.
- Add sliced garlic, toast until golden and crisp.
- Remove garlic with slotted spoon, set aside.
- Add chopped garlic. sauté until translucent, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add roasted garlic and white wine.
- Let simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta, parsley, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. toss.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted garlic slivers.
Grate parmesan over each serving
The History of Garlic
Originating from Central Asia, the garlic we know today is a domesticated crop. The plant has spread since ancient times to other parts of the world as a food, flavouring and medicine. It is mentioned in ancient Egyptian, Greek, Indian and Chinese writings.
Garlic is only found in cultivation, but researchers consider Central Asia to be its place of origin which is also home to Allium longicuspis. Some believe this plant to be a wild ancestor while others believe it to be the same species. It was probably used in Central Asia since Neolithic times as a food flavouring and seasoning.
As a culinary and medicinal plant, garlic spread in ancient times to the Mediterranean region and beyond. It was used in Egypt by 3000 BC. It was also known by the advanced ancient civilisations of the Indus Valley, in what today is Pakistan and western India. From here it spread to China. The Spanish, Portuguese and French introduced it to the New World.
Today, garlic is currently grown in temperate and tropical regions all over the world, and many different cultivated types have been developed to suit different climates.
Taking care of your heart and health in your daily diet with garlic and fresh herbs
I hope you have enjoyed my recipes and videos of healthy pasta spaghetti garlic and fresh herb meals for you and all your families health.
As I have said it is so cheap quick and easy to have garlic and fresh herbs in your daily diet. While tasting really great the health benefits are an added bonus.
Garlic helps to keep your heart health and is known to Lower your Cholesterol.
Don’t forget to check out my other article hub on the health benefits of garlic.
I would love to hear your views on these recipes. There is a comments box at the end of this page so before you go off to explore more interesting hubs on HubPages I would love to know what you think of having garlic and fresh herbs in your daily diet and have you considered growing your own garlic and fresh herbs.
Grow your own Garlic
Do you grow your own Garlic and Fresh Herbs?See results without voting
More Recipe Hubs from Garlic Angel:
- Recipes for Homemade Easter Hot Cross Buns and Granny's Biscuits:
Shared in this article are very easy to follow recipes for homemade chocolate Easter cakes, granny's homemade biscuits and Hot Cross Buns . Great for sharing with your family on Easter Sunday morning.
- What are the Health Benefits of Garlic: Homemade Irish Soda Bread recipe:
I would like to share with you the benefits of eating garlic. There are so many health benefits in garlic, everyone should have it in their daily diet. I have some great recipes for Irish soda bread with garlic. Raw garlic is great for acne cholester
- Recipes for Healthy Pasta with Homemade Chocolate Cake and Ice-cream:
Easy to follow healthy garlic pasta dishes, tomato pasta sauce, Italian meatballs, followed by homemade chocolate cake and homemade ice cream. The health benefits of garlic in your daily diet.
More by this Author
Icelands volcano set to erupt again so say the scientists, dwarfing last years devastation. Who is to blame for all these weather changes around the world, Mother Nature or Man?
Visit Graceland and celebrate Elvis Aaron Presley week 1th-17th August 2013. The King of Rock and Roll. Listen to some of Elvis's songs, Jailhouse rock, My Way, Crying in the Ghetto and many more.
Follow the step by step instructions on how to apply acrylic nails correctly. Learn how to become a good nail technician. Study up on nail anatomy so as not to cause harm to your natural nail.