Auntie Linda's Spectacular Spinach Dip
Spinach Dip with Sour Cream Base
I've been making this delicious spinach dip for years. I use a sour cream base versus the mayonnaise version because I think it tastes much better. My friends and family beg me to bring this appetizer to social gatherings. I cut up my favorite vegetables to go with the dip. Here are my favorite vegetables:
- Baby Tomatoes
- Green, Yellow or Red Bell Peppers
- Black Olives
I put out a French Baguette and Tortilla Chips to accompany this tasty treat. Enjoy and Dip away!
Spectacular Spinach Dip
Cook Time for Spinach Dip
Ingredients for Chilled Spinach Dip
- 1 Package Frozen, Chopped Spinach, Thawed and Drained
- 2 (16 oz.) Containers Sour Cream, Light or Regular (I Prefer Regular)
- 2 Packages Knorr Swiss Vegetable Soup and Recipe Mix
- Crackers, Raw Veggies or Party Breads, For Dipping
Instructions for Cold Spinach Dip
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients: Thawed spinach, (patted dry) sour cream and vegetable soup mix powder
- Chill 2-4 hours before serving for best results
- Serve with your favorite vegetables, chips, crackers, and party breads
- Enjoy this delicious, cold appetizer
Do you Like Spinach Dip with Sour Cream More than MayonnaiseSee results without voting
Health Benefits of Spinach
According to foodfacts.mercola.com, there are many health benefits in Spinach:
- Spinach is low in fat and even lower in cholesterol.
- Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Spinach is also high in thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and manganese.
Fresh Vegetables are Great for Dipping
Spinach Dip with Veggies and French Bread
Collander for Thawing Spinach Dip
More by this Author
A delicious and easy cucumber salad recipe. I've tried every kind of cucumber salad, and this one is my favorite.
Delicious homemade Guacamole Dip Recipe
A painful story of how I lost friends after I was diagnosed with cancer. I'd heard from my cancer therapist that it's actually a common phenomenon, but I never thought it would happen to me