Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This entree is relatively easy to make, great for a special meal for the family, or a lovely romantic dinner for you and your sweetie. Serve with brown rice, roasted vegetables and crusty french rolls. (Links for side-dish recipes at the end of this hub)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped
spinach, thawed and drained very well
4 slices bacon or Pruscuitto
1. In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
2. Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until chicken is opaque and no longer pink.
--season or marinate chicken breasts before butterflying
--flatten chicken breasts, spread spinach mixture on flattened breasts, roll up and wrap with bacon or pruscuitto and secure
--add 1 egg yolk for a moister filling
--try walnuts or pine nuts for a little crunch
--use cream cheese or sour cream in place of 1/2 the mayo
Roasted vegetables and more...
- Best Bring-a-Dish Recipes for Thanksgiving Dinner (including roasted vegetables)
So you've been invited to Thanksgiving Dinner, and you're supposed to bring something. Something besides a bottle of wine and the pleasure of your fabulous presence. Here are a few tried-and-true...
- excellent brown rice side dish recipe from allrecipes.com
This robust rice is the perfect side dish to serve with any meat, or with vegetables. Rice is baked with beef broth, French onion soup, butter, Worcestershire and basil.
- crusty rolls recipe from familyoven.com
THANKS to Clancy Strock's article mentioning Milwaukee bakeries in a past Reminisce, I was reminded that I, too, missed those hard-to-find, airy, crispy rolls! Years ago, I begged family members living in Chicago to try to find the recipe. My sister-
More by this Author
Some of my favorite sayings about these special things in our lives.
So you've been invited to Thanksgiving Dinner, and you're supposed to bring something. Something besides a bottle of wine and the pleasure of your fabulous presence. Here are a few tried-and-true favorites...
What is nasal irrigation? Nasal irrigation, also known as nasal rinse or nasal wash, is simply the act of rinsing the nasal cavity with a saline (salt water) solution. What are the benefits of nasal irrigation? ...