Steamed Cod with Scallions and Lime Juice, Green Beans with Almonds
I never was a person who enjoyed eating fish. Oh, I loved Lobster, Shrimp, and Scallops and I did like an occasional fish fry featuring breaded cod and I tried Tilapia a few times. In a recent effort to expand my horizons I tried Steamed Cod. It was tender, juicy and delicious! Along with Green Beans with Almonds and a side of Couscous it was a tasty and healthy meal that I really enjoyed. I even had the leftovers for dinner! I may be on a roll!
- Two 3/4-1 inch thick Cod Fillets
- 2-3 Scallions sliced
- Lime Juice or 1 Lime, thinly sliced
- Margarine or Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Dill Weed to taste
- Black Pepper 1/4 tsp.
Prepare the Cod
- Place the Cod Fillets in Aluminum Foil with edges folded to hold liquid ingredients.
- Sprinkle with Garlic Powder, Dill and Black Pepper to taste.
- Place 2-3 dabs of Margarine or Butter along the length of the fish.
- Squirt on Lime Juice or place thin slices of Lime on top of the Cod Fillets.
- Add 1/3-1/2 cup of water and fold edges of Aluminum foil together.
- Place the foil packet in the basket of a Vegetable Steamer or Turbo Cooker and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yum!
You may substitute the Lime Juice/Slices with Lemon Juice.
Green Beans with Almonds
What you will need:
- Green Beans, cleaned and trimmed
- Slivered Almonds
- Lemon Juice
- Butter or Margarine
- Place Green Beans in the top of a double boiler and steam about 10 minutes until crisp tender.
- Remove green beans from top of double boiler and drain water from the pot.
- Melt Margarine or butter in the pot on medium low heat.
- Add slivered Almonds and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add Lemon Juice and cooked Green Beans. Stir to mix well. Serve and enjoy!
More by this Author
My sister gave me a gorgeous potted tuberous Begonia that thrived and bloomed all summer. My goal is to keep this "annual" flower safely stored for the Winter and restart it in the Spring.
Butterfly Pork Chops have little fat to trim off and are so tender. Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy is a very simple recipe that I have been making for years. Few ingredients are needed, it's easy to throw together at...
Does a rubber oil pan drain plug work. Not really. The self threading piggy back oil pan drain plug cold welded in place is the answer!