Kabocha often time called Japanese pumpkin is commonly eaten in my home. This is a hearty squash with thick green skin and a golden flesh.Its flavor is sweet and delicate. Many say it taste like a combination of sweet potato and pumpkin. I love to serve this dish as a side. its sweet taste is popular with children. I also love it because it is reich in beta carotene, vitamin C and iron. It also holds well at room temperature so I pack it for my children's lunch.
- 1 kabocha
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Wash kabocha. Cut in half and discard seeds.
- Cut Kabocha in bit size 1" pieces.
- Combine kabocha, water, sugar and soy sauce in pan.
- Bring to a rapid boil. Cover. Reduce to simmer
- Simmer for 20 mins or until there is only about 1-2 tbsp liquid in pan
More by this Author
The restaurant business is an exciting industry to learn about. It seems like every aspect of the industry is carefully thought out. Also every aspect as ties to various cultures and traditions. I am a foodie or food...
An introduction to university family housing.