How to cook the Sweet Glutinous Rice Pudding
Sweet Glutinous Rice Pudding or Sticky Rice Pudding or also known as Wajik among Malaysian is a traditional dessert. It is one of the must have dessert during festival such as Hari Raya. For these recipe, the amount of sugar has been reduced so it is not as sweet as the traditional version.
- 500 gm Glutinous rice, soaked for 8 to 10 hours and drained
- 500 ml Thick coconut cream
- 200 gm Crushed Palm sugar
- 80 gm Granulated sugar
- 4 - 6 leaves Srewpine leaves, Shredded and knotted
- Steam drained glutinous rice for 25 – 30 minutes and transfer to a large tray. By using a fork, spread out the rice thinly and set aside to cool.
- In a non-stick pan, add in the thick coconut cream, screwpine leaves and sugar (crushed palm sugar and granulated sugar) and stir continuously in a medium heat. Let the mixture become thick and bubbly and add-in the cooked glutinous rice.
- Stir continuously until the rice is well coated and has a shiny gloss.
- Discard screwpine leaves. Press coated rice into a 25cm / 10 inch baking tin with a spoon or fork to level surface.
- Set it aside to cool and harden. Cut into serving-sized pieces.
No comments yet.